Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

4G94 LSD Options????

Old Jan 29, 2017, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok so i got some info from a guy that has a 300whp lancer with a LSD and all of the F5M42 transmissions are the same it seems like! So if anyone has a LSD from a lancer 02-06 for sale let me know iv been looking for one for over 2 years now! If not there's a website from australia that sells both the OEM mitsubishi lancer/mirage LSD 1 way and Ralliart 1.5 way for 750-900$
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok so i ended up buying a Kaaz 1.5 Way DBM2050 Super Q LSD for 1050$ USD and the unit is bolt on no problem! Keep in mind if you buy an after market LSD you NEED to recheck the Diff to Case preload to verify the shim thickness you need. I ended up having to sand down the OEM 1.04mm shim to 0.92mm for the required preload because the 0.92mm shim from mitsubishi is B/O but it worked out just fine! I will keep updates on the Kaaz LSD for a review. Since it's a clutch type LSD be aware that there's going to be abnormal noises on low speed turns and accell and that's normal. Let me know if anyone goes for it or if you need more info on the part numbers for bearings and stuff.
The following users liked this post:
dragunbayne (Jun 22, 2017)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marcouxa1 View Post
Ok so i ended up buying a Kaaz 1.5 Way DBM2050 Super Q LSD for 1050$ USD and the unit is bolt on no problem! Keep in mind if you buy an after market LSD you NEED to recheck the Diff to Case preload to verify the shim thickness you need. I ended up having to sand down the OEM 1.04mm shim to 0.92mm for the required preload because the 0.92mm shim from mitsubishi is B/O but it worked out just fine! I will keep updates on the Kaaz LSD for a review. Since it's a clutch type LSD be aware that there's going to be abnormal noises on low speed turns and accell and that's normal. Let me know if anyone goes for it or if you need more info on the part numbers for bearings and stuff.
Sorry for reviving this old thread. marcouxa1 how did the kaaz work out? Want to pull the trigger on the kaaz just hoping for some feedback first.