Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

FAST Key - Key Fob TSB *IMPORTANT*

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks gang, I got back to my car today and couldn't unlock my car. The car warned me about the battery, but never got the chance to change it. I managed to get in the car using the emergency key. The alarm went off and I pop the key in the ignition and tried to started, but wouldn't start. So I google and found this forum. Thanks a lot guys for the saved. I've been thinking about trading the car just for this stupid fast key reason. I guess there's a solution to start the car when needed.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to bring this back from the dead, but if the fast key deprograms itself can you still use the emergency key with the fobe attached to it to start the car!?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This crap just happened to me 15 minutes ago. I''m completely screwed.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

necro bump.

I was working on the car and disconnected the battery. I locked the doors overnight to finish the job in the morning and now my my car won't unlock at all!

I have a FAST key and I am using the emergency key in the door lock but won't unlock the car at all it only swivels 45 degrees to the left and 45 to the right but no unlock its like an electric lock but with the battery disconnected it doesn't work! I tried also unlocking the doors using the emergency key in the fob backwards like for the ignition but nothing.

Any ideas?!?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 02:51 PM

This is a little off topic but still regarding keys. I just bought a used Outlander S. and was only notified the vehicle had one key (push button start) as I was handed the key to leave the dealership. Knowing the cost of replacement, I might have truly considered a different OS from a different dealer. What would you guys do?
Anyone know the actual cost of replacement?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vinny186
This is a little off topic but still regarding keys. I just bought a used Outlander S. and was only notified the vehicle had one key (push button start) as I was handed the key to leave the dealership. Knowing the cost of replacement, I might have truly considered a different OS from a different dealer. What would you guys do?
Anyone know the actual cost of replacement?
Well, I would first talk to parts. They have pricing. Then talk to service. They will program it for you. That should have been arranged in any negotiations. Any good salesperson would have either got you another key, or discounted the vehicle appropriately.