Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Radio and power locks not working!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super bump from the dead. Did this end up getting fixed? My RA is doing this exact thing to me right now.

Pretty sure it involves the fuses under the hood in the yellow "box". I managed to remove the box and the fuses seem to be attached to it. Anyone know how to remove them from the box so I can actually check them? Or does mitsu only sell the whole box + fuses as a single part? Thanks doodz.
The following users liked this post:
MikeJohnson (Sep 17, 2022)
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king_negative
Alright so heres the deal. I tried putting in an aftermarket radio in my car today but i couldnt finish the install due to time constraint so I decided to put the stock stereo back in. I used a harness adapter so i didnt have to do any splicing. After putting the stock stereo in now it wont turn on and on top of that my power locks wont work when the car is off and the clock wont work. Ive done plenty of radios before and this has never happened before. All the fuses are fine and the grounds are intact. Anybody have any idea what it could be?

Thanks,
I had the same problem. If you go into the engine fuse box you'll see two fuses surrounded by a little yellow plastic piece. One is the radio fuse and i think the other is antenna but youd have to check your owners manual. I pulled the whole yellow piece out and replaced them with 2 15A fuses. Everything started working again.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:50 AM

2002 eclipse

how to take the yellow box out on the fuse box
Old Apr 20, 2015, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm experiencing very similar issues: when the car is off, no dome light, tripometer resets to zero, windows aren't operable before opening a door, no highbeam flashing, no clock. No radio or dome lights when the car is running. No obvious fuses blown, no signs of junction block corrosion from water leaks, etc. I will be pursuing and promise to share as much detail in a resolution as possible on this thread.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Captainccc
how to take the yellow box out on the fuse box

1) Pull up gently on this yellow box. It'll pop up from the fuse box, but won't come out completely.
2) Using needle nose pliers, gently grab each fuse and wiggle them with a slight twisting motion. The grabbers will flex and give when the yellow box is popped up and you can then pull the fuse out.

So, here's what my problem turned out being: a blown 10A fuse (the one I'm pointing to, nearest the firewall. I pulled all my connectors prior to this discovery from the white junction box (near your left foot behind the plastic kick cover), and they were pristine, but I'm still going to pull the fender well splash guard and wrap the exposed portion of the wire harness and silicone the grommet where it re-enters the interior.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:13 AM

I have a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer ralliart my radio worked 2 weeks ago and I got it in yesterday after sitting for to weeks and now my radio won't turn on but all my interior lights work good but my radio won't turn on. Any suggestions
Old Feb 9, 2021, 08:30 PM

Hey...

Im having the same problem....
did u ever find a solution?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 03:28 PM

Having the same problem. Any fixes?

Having the same problem. Anyone figured it out yet?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Did you check your fuses? Did you check the white junction box connectors for corrosion?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 08:17 AM

I bought an 03 OZ from a guy who had messed with so many things. Did you ever figure it out? I found out he wired four used speakers poorly and after removing them all, which may have been a bad ground, plus no radio fuse in the fuse box inside the car, my radio works again along with the power door locks, the clock, and even the key in the ignition ding.