Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

how can i install Windshield Washer Nozzle lights.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2002, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how can i install Windshield Washer Nozzle lights.

I bought a pair of lights, but I have no idea how to install this thing. If any of you have installed it, can you tell me how to do it?
Old Jun 30, 2002, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

all you need is the strongest super glue you can find. just glue it on where ever you desire the lights to be.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

didnt it come with instructions?

Link
Old Jun 30, 2002, 03:53 AM

yeah well but it was so simple. basically it told me to remove the existing ones and replace the nozzle, and connect the wires. i need more detailed information than that. for examplt, how to remove heat shield under the roof, etc.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

I had them on my car, but then i took them off. Its easy to install you dont need to remove the head shield.

First on the hood where the windsheild jets are you take them off. Follow the jet spray lines to the holes on the bottom of the good you pull those off and then you have to clamp the inside of the nozzel using a needle nose pliersand then you pull them out. then you put your news ones on. Mine came with screws do i didnt need to glue mine on. After you get them on you put eh jet spray lines on and then take your wires that you got and tap them intoyour head lights. I used wire tappers for this. After that you turn on your head lights and see if they work.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 05:50 AM

if i just pull the nozzles out, would they come out? should i use a plier for it? And is it easy to insert to hose in to the lights? because, when i looked at it, i didn't have enough space to put my fingers through. i don't know... why did you take them out?
Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

i have mine installed, i really only installed them cuz there chrome, adds a little extra flare, i cant really have them on, ive been pulled over 3 times for it, hehe luckly i know the cops around here, anyways, you shouldnt have to remove anything to put them in, other than the stock washers, they pop up thru the hood, and then hook the wores to one of your side markers so that way when you turn on your parking lights the washers come on

Link
Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

if i just pull the nozzles out, would they come out? should i use a plier for it? And is it easy to insert to hose in to the lights? because, when i looked at it, i didn't have enough space to put my fingers through. i don't know... why did you take them out?
Take the need nose plier and squeez the washers becuase its a clip that you have to press down whiel you pull them out. You use a needle nose because your fingers wont fit int he small hole. I took them out becuase my friend got a $60 ticket for them in CT.