Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

post all STRANGE NOISE complaints here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that intake thing is causes by the valves in a cylender that just startiong the intake stroke pulling some air throught a small opening in the valves
kinda like opening up a new can of tennis ***** (sorry i cant figgure otu any other comparison its late)
Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a whistle coming from the passenger side somewhere every time I'm driving around 80mph or more, which is annoying as hell on road trips. Of course I can't troubleshoot it myself, and the only other person I have in my car can't really figure out where it's coming from...nor can she figure out why I care so much (typical). Anyway, anyone have this whistling? All I can say with certainty is it's distinct yet faint, and it's coming from the passenger side.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Also, my driver's seat squeeks and creaks like there is no tomorrow, especially when I'm turning hard. It's getting to the point that if I ever had any passengers besides the girl that "doesn't notice" (typical) I would be totally embarrassed. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old Aug 27, 2004, 09:52 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

For the whistling, is it's inside the cockpit it's probably a rear window weather stripping around the windows, maybe the doors. Also, someone mentioned Lancers sometimes having loose rear windows. Get a friend to sit in your back seat and listen.

For the seat, just tighten all of the bolts holding the seat down. My aftermarket seat did that after a few autocrosses (I guess the bolts had to settle in or something). If that still doesn't help, one of the springs or brackets might be damaged.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I just noticed a clicking sound coming from the top of my engine, its not loud at all kinda suttle but it would still be considered a click noise, any ideas? I just changed belts & Tranny fluid today but all lvls are good and belts are nice n tight
Old Oct 6, 2004, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

injector pulses
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

bad/\good?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:22 PM

i'm a newb but have a question, i just installed a kamikaze header this weekend and now at WOT i have a crackling noise coming from the exhaust is it sopposed to sound like this or is something wrong
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

I farted a while ago, made a weird squeak noise. Maybe i should convert to recirc instead of VTA
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:35 PM

could it be an exhaust leak? or could it be because of the mil i installed?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

I hear a squeaking/rattling that sounds like it is coming from either the b-pillar or drivers door panel. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:53 PM

hello, urbanknight can u help me?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Question engine noise

just got myself a 2004 Lancer ES, with 5000kms on it already. just noticed when i got out the car and the engine was still running(in nuetral), it was a bit rattly/noisy (almost like a vw tdi engine, but not as loud or noticable). It is a manaul tranny, so I'm not sure if this is normal or if I should take it in and get them to check it out. Any idea on what it could be?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

machron i know exactly what ur talking about. girls just don't get it.

Anyway. i have no mods or upgrades as of yet. I did just get a neat alluminum cd holder in the mail from japan and a mitsubishi emblem for when i get a new grill. I have 03 lancer ES and i hear a rattle when accelerating at higher RPM's and it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side, maybe the glove department. It's faint but it annoys the **** out of me. Also when I bear right at higher speeds and have radio off i hear/feel a slight vibration. someone help me get rid of the noises!!

Last edited by bettorer; Oct 18, 2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Like a week ago, I started having some noise.. It started out quiet so I thought maybe it was a belt or my dad said maybe a tensioner but now it's a ticking and rattling noise but once I start driving, it stops. Any ideas? The longer the car sits then when I start it, it's the loudest, but if I start it and shut it off it's barely there.. Probably should bring it to the dealer before my warranty runs out.. Only 6,000 more miles

Quick Reply: post all STRANGE NOISE complaints here