Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The 07 STIs are apparently making stupid crazy power

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the difference b/w an STi and STi Limited?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
first off i ran those time with 3 big cracks in my manifold, a ****ty 1.860ft and no traction.... my car also may not do good in the track but i will tell you that i have pulled away from a friends Evo IX that trapped 113 on pump and i had a passenger.. I have also pulled 3 280cammed Evo VIIIs by 1-2 cars... My car on the street is a different beast.. I have NEVER had an STI come close to beating me and i have raced modified 07 recently.. I also have stock cams, stock fmic, stock icp and pump gas
Cracks in the manifold and running your car? Hmmmm, sounds like someone had a bit too much "Noss." Did you blow the welds off the intake, too?

He says he's never lost to an STi/STI. Maybe you should try actual racing instead of bench racing.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
nothing mechanically, just no wing, only 2 color options, and i think leather seating
Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Cracks in the manifold and running your car? Hmmmm, sounds like someone had a bit too much "Noss." Did you blow the welds off the intake, too?

He says he's never lost to an STi/STI. Maybe you should try actual racing instead of bench racing.
I actually discovered the cracks on the manifold after i made my 3rd pass that night and i still managed to run a good time..
If you know anything about manifolds, you would know that aftermarket ones tend to crack, matter of fact this is my second cracked one... if i was using nitrous id be running low 11s.. Been watching to much F&F?

I dont bench race, you idiot ... I ACTUALLY race at the track and have raced many STIs and on the track and the streets..Ive actually pulled away from one that made 405 here locally on an MD dyno.. He thought i had an upgraded turbo after he pulled over to talk to me

Originally Posted by Blue04
Maybe he also had "3 cracks in his manifold and a 1.860 60ft with no traction" too.
Maybe he did too smart ***... Like soon2bevo said. he had to get a good 60ft and drive the **** out of to get those times and mph..

Those are some pretty low trap speeds in your sig for having a 20g. Funny how we can run those times or faster and get the same traps with the stock turbo

Last edited by EVIL_EVO_VIII; Dec 29, 2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

The cracks should not be hurting you to be honest. If thats the case, I dont wanna know how much faster my car will go. I have 3 cracks in my tubular. One at the 2-3 collector and 1 on each of 1 and 4. Still ran really fast. I think running 110mph on pump gas with stock cams, ic, piping is pretty darn good. Add cams and youll be 114 or so.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Well it seems that recently a 07 STI with intake, header, 3" turbo back, and Topspeed Ecutek was able to run a 12.1@113mph. If this is true, then congrats to 07 STIs, it may be true, that 07 STIs and 06-07 EVO IXs are making comparable dyno numbers and running similiar times with bolt on mods and stock turbos. I'm not completely sold, but I am starting to be swayed.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Like I said I am not completely sold, and probably will not be until more tuners start putting down similiar numbers, but I am starting to be swayed and I can see it as highly plausible. My take is that Subaru as a company are not idiots, and they noticed that the EVO IX was selling very well, extremely well. There are as many or more 06 EVO IXs on the road as there are 04 and 05 EVO VIIIs combined, in some months sales shot up over 60% compared to 2005. It is my belief that Subaru noticed this and made some changes to the 07 STI lineup (I hear the turbo and gearing is different). So I wouldn't be surprised if 07 STIs and 06-07 EVO IXs were making similiar power with bolt ons. I feel bad for 06 STI owners though, kind of reminds me of 05 EVO owners, not that their cars aren't awesome cars also, because they are, but they missed out on some of the changes. It's interesting to see how competitive Mitsubishi and Subaru are with one another when it comes to the EVO and STI. I honestly do not believe that 06 sales of Subaru were the greatest, but if owners are putting down 320-350whp with bolt ons, similiar to IXs, then the STI line up will get a sales jump. Smart move by Subaru. We will have to wait and see what the 2008 lineups have in store for both Mitsubishi and Subaru. One thing is for sure we should be really careful when it comes to selecting which model year to buy for a EVO or STI, especially with how competitive Mitsubishi and Subaru are with one another.

Last edited by 3000ways; Dec 29, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

great thread..its nice to see the competiton brewing

Nomie
Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
it seems to be almost entirely gearing much like the majority of the IXs gains are from the turbo.

STis always made good power, their ratios just blew
Old Dec 29, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

I actually discovered the cracks on the manifold after i made my 3rd pass that night and i still managed to run a good time..
If you know anything about manifolds, you would know that aftermarket ones tend to crack, matter of fact this is my second cracked one... if i was using nitrous id be running low 11s.. Been watching to much F&F?

I dont bench race, you idiot ... I ACTUALLY race at the track and have raced many STIs and on the track and the streets..Ive actually pulled away from one that made 405 here locally on an MD dyno.. He thought i had an upgraded turbo after he pulled over to talk to me

Maybe he did too smart ***... Like soon2bevo said. he had to get a good 60ft and drive the **** out of to get those times and mph..

Those are some pretty low trap speeds in your sig for having a 20g. Funny how we can run those times or faster and get the same traps with the stock turbo
Beating Evos with cams when you have uh...next to no major mods. Tell some more stories. I'm all ears.

Yes, I'm sure you beat an STi with 405 hp! I'm sure it was your eBay-quality Megan exhaust that did it for you! If that STi was putting down 405 hp, and he wasn't able to beat a car that "apparently" traps 109.xx mph, that's one sh*tty driver!

Congrats on your trapspeed of 109 mph. You achieved 2 mph faster than a stock LS1 F-Body. You, sir, truly have a hotrod to envy!

Last edited by Sinister Subaru; Dec 29, 2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 09:17 PM

I highly doubt his 2007 STi has a cracked manifold. Also with that trap/mph, he had to get a good 60"

That was not in reference to the 2007 driver
Old Dec 29, 2006, 09:35 PM

No, I'm talking about that guy with the "430whp fp green STI" who underacheived per your story. Maybe his car was supposedly f'd just like the excuses you made? Not the 2007 car.

As for my times? They are faster than yours I could go on about the differences between the STI and EVO 20g, the gearing etc, but since you are nutswinging on that topic, I'll leave it at that
Old Dec 30, 2006, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The limited is like a more of a luxury version, heated leather seats, sunroof, small lip wing...
Old Dec 30, 2006, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue04
No, I'm talking about that guy with the "430whp fp green STI" who underacheived per your story. Maybe his car was supposedly f'd just like the excuses you made? Not the 2007 car.

As for my times? They are faster than yours I could go on about the differences between the STI and EVO 20g, the gearing etc, but since you are nutswinging on that topic, I'll leave it at that
Old Dec 30, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
My take is that Subaru as a company are not idiots,
I beg to differ. The "flying snout" front end on the STIs is unforgivably ugly. That probably sold more Evos than anything did.

Quick Reply: The 07 STIs are apparently making stupid crazy power