Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

From an Evo --> To a Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets put it this way my friend. My pal is selling his 1998 Camaro Z28 A4 with SLP long tube headers, flowmaster exhaust, stall converter, shift kit, lid, chrome corvette z06 wheels, and some other goodies. The car was bought in 2000 with 13k on it and it now has 42,000 miles on it. The transmission is a built trans and oh yeah it has 3.73 gears. The car put down 366whp 373wtq. It was backed into by a lifted truck which ruined the hood. The car is clean as all hell but it just needs a hood. He wants $8,500 bucks for it. He has BFG Gforce TA KDW's on it as well.

a 2000 6 Speed z28 with 61,000 miles and no mods is worth $9,500-10,000 at best. What he is doing is giving you more for your evo, to PAY more but all in all it's just the same. You are paying too much for the Camaro and getting too much for the EVO. If I were you I would run, I would go on LS1Tech and look at all the sick deals they have on Camaros and Firebird LS1s with mods, cosmetic AND power. I'm sorry but I couldn't buy a stock LS1 especially for that price. People are asking that for procharged LS1s with that kind of mileage. Yep 400+whp. Don't budge. It's just a Chevy. Go private sale.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ok thank you for your reply.
I am currently selling my evo. Also i have been posting on craigslist for a bit over a month. I know, Just craigslist won't do much. But that's the place I've only posted at. B/c I don't want to be spending over 100bucks just to get my ads up on the autotrader , etc.

I am selling my evo due to college in a few months. I need to save up money and do not have time to wait any longer to sell it on private. Because It's been a month i've been trying to sell it. So my guess is to sell it to that dealer for 22,500.

Pay the bank all off. Take time to look at another camaros on Ls1tech.com for a better deal.

How does that sound?.

Thanks
Karan
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:09 PM

I don't know if the dealer will give you that for the car. I think that he is just offering you that because your buying his overpriced Camaro. Oh yeah, MASS and you want an LS1???!!! Holy jeepers macheapers *whatever the hell that means*
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

No, He told me that If I was not interested in the cars that he sells, He would like to buy my car as well. He is willing to give me 22500. Not bad I'd say.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:17 PM

I don't know if the dealer will give you that for the car. I think that he is just offering you that because your buying his overpriced Camaro. Oh yeah, MASS and you want an LS1???!!! Holy jeepers macheapers *whatever the hell that means*
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

ewww @ the camaro.... i feel bad for you...
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:43 PM

EWWWW your avatarrrr
Old Mar 20, 2007, 04:56 PM

what year is your evo and how many miles does it have??? I wouldnt get a z28 if I were you. I own a 98 ls1 Z28 model and after buying my evo I never drive it because it feels like a boat, looks like turd, and handles crappy compared to my evo. Trust me my camaro seems to keep falling apart as time goes by. I'm a tech so I dont pay people to work on my car and that thing still nickel and dimes me to death...Beware of the GM quality. Just cause they are fast cars and easy to mod doesn't mean that it is a good car that you will truely enjoy driving everyday. I still miss my '05 IS300 5spd I had before my evo. Yeah it was slow but I still loved the great quality and comfort of driving the car
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

My car is a 2004
It has 28k miles on it.

You're right. That's why you see me asking all the questions about handling etc. because it handles crappy. So I should start looking around more...

To be honest with you, I never liked the looks of camaros But I do like the sound of it. The interior felt very crappy compared to my evo. That's why I am still not sure If i should even buy it. I mean it's easy to go fast but I kinda want some class too....

So I will probably sell the car to that dealership anyway.
I'll start looking around for some other cars.

Thanks

I like the integra type R. But FWD is what kills it. ....
Old Mar 20, 2007, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RichEd223
EWWWW your avatarrrr
EWWWWW @ you Accord from your Avatar....
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

My advice would be to stay away from the Z28 or anything else that sucks gas down like it'll never run out. Seriously...it's not going down any time soon and if you're trying to pinch pennies, I'd opt for something like a used Mazda3 with the 2.0L or a Civic. I understand you want to have a fast car but sometimes one needs to take one step back to get two steps ahead.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they're kind of a PITA to work on too. and the skip-a-gear shifting sucks although it's easily remedied.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

yeah those cars are really fast in straights, when they get on my side i just wait for a nice curb and hit the gas and they stay away, im stock so i can beat them on straights for now
Old Apr 26, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hondafan
they're kind of a PITA to work on too. and the skip-a-gear shifting sucks although it's easily remedied.
what is skip a gear shifting.

i was really thinking about getting one of these.... seem cheap for the power u get... was thinking turbo in the long run, shoot maybe throw some nitrous for freeway runs until i can afford a turbo kit
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

look around more the camaros with the ground effects are ugly. stock you can get into the high 12's. over 400hp youll need a new rearend

Quick Reply: From an Evo --> To a Camaro Z28