Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I don't know why people are so resistant to the idea that a manufacturer was able to make a car that in stock trim, is better than the pre-X Evo in stock trim, given that they've had nearly a decade to catch up.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I don't know why people are so resistant to the idea that a manufacturer was able to make a car that in stock trim, is better than the pre-X Evo in stock trim, given that they've had nearly a decade to catch up.
i do think the RS will be a faster car then any stock Evo before or that is a given the STI.

In a side note , the Evo very very famous (those who knows) being a very seriously detuned car, there for kind of slowish. In fact so detuned to the point where actually hurt the performance. ( there are many threads about that, the car actually chokes certain RPMS etc.)
So the Evo loss for me stock vs stock really wont be surprise at all. Heck even the Cobalt SS is a hard battle for the evo stock vs stock... Dont forget that one.
I am waiting more like how easy to be tuned and used the AWD system after the RS will be prepped for race etc. And the famous reliability on track. Straight line , i dont care. Everything can be fast in straights, even a golf cart.

I think engine / transmission wise would be solid, i just want to see how the brakes and awd system will hold up after the builders steer the pot around it.

Regardless i do have high hopes for the RS.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:13 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Robevo for Mitsu CEO! Get this Evo program back off the ground.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Robevo for Mitsu CEO!
Sounds like my worst nightmare.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Clearly we all love Evos. But to think that Ford cannot up the ante is short sighted.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Robevo for Mitsu CEO! Get this Evo program back off the ground.
Wow, Noize, you're still here!? How many Evo's are you on these days?

The site said I hadn't logged in since Jan 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM, so it's been a little while.

I stopped in to see what the Evo community thought about the RS, and it looks good so far. I'm really considering getting a Nitrous Blue RS when they come out and have already contacted my dealer that I bought my ST through.

Really looking forward to getting into another AWD performance car since I last sold the Evo back in 2007. Especially since the Evo is on the way out and a former shadow of itself.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 01:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
Wow, Noize, you're still here!? How many Evo's are you on these days?

The site said I hadn't logged in since Jan 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM, so it's been a little while.

I stopped in to see what the Evo community thought about the RS, and it looks good so far. I'm really considering getting a Nitrous Blue RS when they come out and have already contacted my dealer that I bought my ST through.

Really looking forward to getting into another AWD performance car since I last sold the Evo back in 2007. Especially since the Evo is on the way out and a former shadow of itself.
Whoa. TB back from the dead. I'm on #5. I hope to be able to keep this one long term, and like it a lot.

I didn't know you had a Focus ST. I had a GTI for a time, but couldn't do front wheel drive and boost.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
sounds like my worst nightmare.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa. TB back from the dead. I'm on #5. I hope to be able to keep this one long term, and like it a lot.

I didn't know you had a Focus ST. I had a GTI for a time, but couldn't do front wheel drive and boost.

Yeah, it's been a great car. I've got a Cobb Stage 1 flash on it with no mods, so nothing fancy. It's pretty quick with just the flash. I never thought I'd buy a Ford in a million years, let alone a Focus, but this one really surprised me.

We need to get the old group back together one day for dinner or something!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never thought I'd buy a Ford in a million years, let alone a Focus, but this one really surprised me.

+1
Old Mar 30, 2015, 06:46 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
i'm being picky, but black wheels are plaaaaaaaaaaaaayed out. i'd have to paint those bad boys silver ASAP.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
i'm being picky, but black wheels are plaaaaaaaaaaaaayed out. i'd have to paint those bad boys silver ASAP.
I don't mind the black wheels, but the faux diffuser is lame. Why can't they just make it a real diffuser. Probably zero extra effort.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 08:35 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
I don't mind the black wheels, but the faux diffuser is lame. Why can't they just make it a real diffuser. Probably zero extra effort.
True, but it is the "in" thing. Even my IX has one.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 07:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
yep. but i still have faith in the RS. i just literally want another great awd turbo car on market. The RS has a potential to deliver that promise. I am just wishing the Mazda 3 would do a same as they did back in the days. And the awd polo turbo would. be nice too. then i think the rally finally would make sense for many people in the USA also...
agree. i'm happy to believe for now that the new RS is aimed squarely at being the new awd king and has the potential to deliver.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
It's original Heidegger tuned!
Mk2 Spezial, the X-Pack is OEM.

It's a nostalgia thing, but would take lots of work to make Mk2 impressive: the WRC front and rear, turrets, 4-link, full chassis build. Then K24 conversion or F22C better yet?
if you do go this route, the K series is a better engine (sligtly). They're basically the same except the k series has variable cam timing and there's a ton more aftermarket support for it. The reason the F20/22 makes more power stock is just the cams.

Quick Reply: Focus RS