Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Dont buy from flatwhite_evo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont buy from flatwhite_evo

This was the worst buying experience i have ever had. I originally contacted flatewhite evo on dec. 14 asking if the seats were in good condition with him replying that there was only one small stain. Ok. so i sent him the money for the sparco seats on dec. 14. On dec 16 he pm's me and says they will be shipping out today. so i waited a week still no seats. I pm'ed him again and asked if he had any tracking number on the seats. no reply. On dec 23 i received a pm that said he had a family emergency that had to take care of that he would ship them out in the AM. Ok things happen. i waited another week still no seats. ( he is located only one state away so shipping should only take 3 days max) so dec 30 i sent another pm asking what was going on with the seats if he had a tracking number. No reply when i could see that he had logged onto the forum. so i sent another pm the next night getting a little irritated. still no reply while seeing he had logged on again.
so at this point i know he was avoiding me. so i sent him another pm along with a email saying that if i didnt hear anything from him in 2days i was filing a paypal claim. On jan 2 i finally got an email back from him saying -
"Hey man once again i apologize about these seats with holidays and all **** has been a mess when i get paid this friday im gonna remburse you some of your money for having to wait so long, No need to worry about me ripping you off though i have had it happen to me as well and i dont do business that way again i apologize thanks for your understanding in advance"
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

So that friday came no refund of any kind which didnt surprise me. so i waited for another week still no seats. I sent a couple more pm's over a couple days and emails no replys once again. So finally i got angry found his phone number and txt him and said that if i didnt have a tracking number by friday jan 6 or meet in person i was filing a paypal claim. Finally he answered back where do you want to meet. so set up a meeting place and agreed to give me money for gas costs since he didnt ship them. The meeting day came he came up with a sad story about his newborn and couldnt meet. Ok... so the next day. next day comes he txts me and come up with a different sad story about his daughter. Ok im getting angry now. So i finally said ill come to you instead of meeting half way so its easier for him, he just needs to reimburse me more for gas. so the next day i start on my way there 30min from being there he txts me nd says he had to leave but left the seats in a box on the back of his truck. Ok..... but what about the gas money? he said he would paypal it too me.

I get there and i find a tear in each seat so i get the seats and leave while txt him telling him about it when he said there were no tears. he said he didnt see any and would make it rite and refund me some more than just the amount we agreed on for gas cost. i told him to make sure to send it that night because i needed it for my gas money to get to work this week. He said it wouldnt be a problem to do so. still no money in my paypal monday. i txt him with no reply. i have tried contacting him the past 3 days and no response and no money for my gas cost to go pick up the seats because he couldnt ship them after a month. This guy is a crook and lied to me about any tears in the seats and screwed me over on the gas costs because he didnt ship them after a month. So now im very angry and stuck with the costs that i didnt have the money for to go pick up the seats. DONT BUY FROM THIS GUY HE IS A CROOK
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
The sheer number of things you did wrong in this transaction make it almost unbelievable. I'm sure you learned your lesson, but why would you insist on dealing with someone so flakey to the point where you would drive to their house under the auspices that they would pay you for gas money? And the worst part of it all - why would you take the seats after seeing they had tears? You could have left them and filed a paypal claim.

I hope everyone learns from the mistakes in the above story. Give people the first chance to uphold their end of the deal. If they communicate with reasons why it didn't work, give them a second chance. After that, cancel the deal. Simple as that. Good luck with your claim OP, that's a tough lesson to learn.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

NSOMNIAC i know i should have just filed a claim. one reason i didnt was i had already had someone lined up to buy my stock seats so thats why i didnt leave them there when i seen they had tears. that was my stupidity. but the second thing was i wasnt sure if i had enough proof of things as far as the tears go because the forsale thread he had up for the seats was gone i couldnt find it anymore. Along with a quick question for you. why does my inbox automatically erase itself after a little while?? because i had some of the proof in there about him stating there wasnt a tear just a small stain.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Your PM's shouldn't have deleted. You have to manually do that as far as I know.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what confuses me is, was there someone in the house when you were picking up the seats? werent you afraid that he didnt live there and someone sees you taking their property?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Your PM's shouldn't have deleted. You have to manually do that as far as I know.
it has done it by its self twice in the past month now...?? idk why or how
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
what confuses me is, was there someone in the house when you were picking up the seats? werent you afraid that he didnt live there and someone sees you taking their property?
it was at the sunset tavern in hagerstown. i had thought about that if someone asked me about it i had the txt describing the truck to show for it.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Man what a ****ty deal personally man imma be honest with you instead of buying the stock evo seats I would have went on ebay and just brought some tenzo seats. Personally the cost would have been way less and the seats are just as good.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by impact blue
Man what a ****ty deal personally man imma be honest with you instead of buying the stock evo seats I would have went on ebay and just brought some tenzo seats. Personally the cost would have been way less and the seats are just as good.
Uhhhhh...no. Tenzo's are "just as good" as OEM seats??