Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

evOmATT Scammed Me !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I applaud you for standing up for whats right. More of us should do this, myself included. We cant always bank on Karma getting people what they deserve.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
^ This! Best of luck Don! Please keep us updated!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$650, or whatever it was, may not be a lotta money to some people, and it may be a lot to others. either way, it's the principle of the matter. OP, i applaud your intention, as i did the same exact thing a while back (the punk kid was local and he changed his mind about giving my money back real quick when i showed up to his house). however, it really could land you in trouble.

whatever happens, good luck on trying to resolve the situation and keep us updated.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by x2003lancerESx
$650, or whatever it was, may not be a lotta money to some people, and it may be a lot to others. either way, it's the principle of the matter. OP, i applaud your intention, as i did the same exact thing a while back (the punk kid was local and he changed his mind about giving my money back real quick when i showed up to his house). however, it really could land you in trouble.

whatever happens, good luck on trying to resolve the situation and keep us updated.
He won't get in trouble as long as he doesn't break the law. Granted, showing up at his door will most likely scare him... he still can just close the door and ignore it. Just be careful with how you handle it like lanserESx stated.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
He won't get in trouble as long as he doesn't break the law. Granted, showing up at his door will most likely scare him... he still can just close the door and ignore it. Just be careful with how you handle it like lanserESx stated.
Thank You for the support. I was hopeing to have a date with this guy, meet him in a public place. I joined his dating site and was starting to comunicate with him. But he must of caught on that I was not a hot babe He has not been back on that site since.

Below is his profile with pics.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/EvoMatt/photos
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

lol at posting dating site pics like a boss, goodluck getting your money back man.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Roadrunr
Thank You for the support. I was hopeing to have a date with this guy, meet him in a public place. I joined his dating site and was starting to comunicate with him. But he must of caught on that I was not a hot babe He has not been back on that site since.

Below is his profile with pics.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/EvoMatt/photos

Oh man lol......I really hope you find this guy once theres a photo all bets are off he will never see you coming...reading all these scammed threads are turning me off to the whole 'buy n ship' thing on this site smh
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Subscribed to see what the turnout is. I also applaud the OP for standing up for what is right. I got scammed out of wheels about 6-7 years ago for a previous car I owned. Used PayPal and never saw a dime of it back, even after filing a complaint because of never getting anything. Hope everything works out and this scammer gets what is coming to him.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrunr
Once again, you are insulting my intelligence. A Paypal claim does not mean your money will be returned. If the seller closes his accounts, you receive nothing from Paypal.

Don
This isn't true. Paypal holds their bank/CC information for 30 days even if they close the account, for reasons such as this. Also, your bank should offer you some sort of fraud protection, so you should be able to get your money back.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
This isn't true. Paypal holds their bank/CC information for 30 days even if they close the account, for reasons such as this. Also, your bank should offer you some sort of fraud protection, so you should be able to get your money back.
Been to the bank, waste of time. Said it is Paypals problem not theirs.

Don
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just to be clear: you transferred the money from a bank account to Paypal, instead of from a credit card, yes?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Just to be clear: you transferred the money from a bank account to Paypal, instead of from a credit card, yes?
Yes, I learned a valuable lesson. If you have a Paypal account that is drawn on a checking account w-o going through a debit card, you have no ability to back charge. I have to rely on Paypal, which I feel is not going to be good. I have trashed this AXXHOLE all over the internet. He is the scum of the earth and I will not stop until I get my money or my wheels. His picture is posted so many places, I don't understand why he has not contacted me. In the long run I guarantee that I will meet him in person. I hope he thinks he is a tough guy and assaults me

Don
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paypal is a real pita to deal with imo. But always use a credit card, and you're sure to get your money back.

But back to OP; These people that scam deserve a little taste of pain. The fact that they are all getting away with it so easily, doesnt really give any of them a reason to stop. Im sure once a few of them get punded (use imagination), and the word gets around that it is not very safe to scam people, im sure itll stop, or cut down by a big margin.

If you find his house, and he doesnt want to give you cash, just pop all his tires on your way out, itll prob be worth same amount if no more
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:36 PM

He logged into the dating site today actually I clicked on the link you'd provided. He looks like a real dbag. Best of luck op. He gives a bad name to military everywhere.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:26 PM

big teddy bear haha,

Quick Reply: evOmATT Scammed Me !!!!!!!!