Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

evOmATT Scammed Me !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dade County
How funny. LOL. I thought I was the only guy that thought Iowa was a know it all trouble starter. I've noticed since reading these dispute threads, he is always trying to tell people how to act and what is right and wrong and attempting to draw arguements. What a character. You gotta love little guys like that. Always looking to dispute someone or start a bunch of unnecessary drama. But the Internet needs little guys like that to keep things interesting I guess. Just thought it was funny you mentioned it.

I'm glad the OP got his money back. Hopefully this scammer gets what he deserves one day. You know what they say about karma...
I wasn't tryin to say that he was a "little guy trouble starter", i mean he always makes relevant and insightful points in his arguments, which is very useful. He's a great contributor to the forum, but it's the condescending tone that always gets to me
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
At least you are asking me to stop behaving in a certain way, which is perfectly reasonable, instead of making a huge statement about my personality, which is moronic.
can't tell if sarcastic... or even if it's directed at me

EDIT: re-read it in context, NVM i gotcha

Last edited by jeffo24; Sep 28, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:07 AM

Just out of curiosity, how do you think that this is going to work? Do you think that you'll be able to walk into a local or state police station in Ohio, with a handful of print-outs from the internet, and they're going to go with you to his house?

How much thought have you put into this? How much research have you done on the relevant laws?

Right now, I'd say that you're much more likely to end up in jail than evOmATT.

I am tempted to ask how one can be a law-abiding citizen when one doesn't seem to know what the laws are, but I'd be wasting my time. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Mistaken
I applaud you for standing up for whats right. More of us should do this, myself included. We cant always bank on Karma getting people what they deserve.

Originally Posted by Roadrunr
WELLLLLLLLLL, Received an Email from Paypal. They have retrieved my money, all $650. Although it was not the money that had me so fired up. It was the fact that I was scammed. Never happened before. Although I have calmed down after the Email, I still would like a piece of this low life. I follow societies rules and I guess it is a dream to think everyone else does. If I have offended anyone on this site, I apologize for being a hot head. I am just a big teddy bear in an oversized body with an occasional attitude.

Don
That was pretty quick too! I'm glad to hear you weren't successfully scammed. Had my debit card cloned and my whole life savings wiped out twice in one week. So much paperwork. It's good to see you got your $ back though.

I wish I didn't just join and caught the dating site while it was still up. That had me ROLLIN!!! Cyberstalking FTW
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffo24
I wasn't tryin to say that he was a "little guy trouble starter", i mean he always makes relevant and insightful points in his arguments, which is very useful. He's a great contributor to the forum, but it's the condescending tone that always gets to me
And because you have said it in exactly this way - that you don't like my tone, as opposed to jumping to some deeper conclusion about me as a person - I have taken what you have said to me seriously and appreciate the feedback. Annoying the Great Unwashed with my tone has no effect on me (if anything, I enjoy it as an added bonus); but if I'm also annoying reasonable people, then that's worth thinking about.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

And because you have said it in exactly this way - that you don't like my tone, as opposed to jumping to some deeper conclusion about me as a person - I have taken what you have said to me seriously and appreciate the feedback. Annoying the Great Unwashed with my tone has no effect on me (if anything, I enjoy it as an added bonus); but if I'm also annoying reasonable people, then that's worth thinking about.
Dont get me wrong though, there ARE times when you are reasonably condescending in appropriate situations, which is a good thing
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

You enjoy annoying people. How sad.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12
You enjoy annoying people. How sad.
I blame Alanis Morissette for the above. All those examples of things that are merely a bummer being labeled as "ironic"; now no-one seems to understand what irony really is and, therefore, can happily produce it without any thought.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I blame Alanis Morissette for the above. All those examples of things that are merely a bummer being labeled as "ironic"; now no-one seems to understand what irony really is and, therefore, can happily produce it without any thought.
How long have you been saving this response up for?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

I use it once every few weeks; thanks for asking.

ps. The correct way to ask your question is: "For how long have you been saving this response?"

pps. Yes, in some cases, I truly enjoy being annoying.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

^bahaha... he's a really clever troll in disguise
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

I'm trying to figure out what u plan to accomplish by being negative on the forum Iowa999? I come here to gain info, learn, buy things, and to talk to other car enthusiasts. Not sure how being a smarta** helps you or anyone else. Correcting people constantly, drawing debates, and provoking arguments while trying to correct others grammar, makes you seem like a total d**k who is trying to act intelligent. If you wouldn't say it to these same people you are on the forum with in person, don't say it over the Internet. Just makes it look like you are seeking attention no matter if its negative or positive. Plus it's kind of corny. Friends are fun to have man. Try being nice. Life is too short.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Iowa99 reminds me of a dog with a chew toy..........
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coincidental, you mean.