Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Winkdogydog101 scammed me

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forcedkseries-

I suggest you also call his company commander and let him know the guy screwed you as well. Like I said, I am a Marine, and so I know they take this kind of stuff seriously. I would absolutely not be supprised if he was forced to pay both of you back and then was dishonorably discharged, I wouldn't really be surprised if he was sent to the brig. He committed fraud in multiple unrelated cases. I saw a Corporal do time in the brig for lying about his income at a cash advance place just off base in Oceanside California.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoMeIX
Forcedkseries-

I suggest you also call his company commander and let him know the guy screwed you as well. Like I said, I am a Marine, and so I know they take this kind of stuff seriously. I would absolutely not be supprised if he was forced to pay both of you back and then was dishonorably discharged, I wouldn't really be surprised if he was sent to the brig. He committed fraud in multiple unrelated cases. I saw a Corporal do time in the brig for lying about his income at a cash advance place just off base in Oceanside California.

This.

Honestly, you shouldn't have to go very far up the chain of command to get some results. I bet just contacting his SSgt would get results (I'm assuming he's below E6 because usually by the time someone hits E5 they have at least grown out of the petty kid BS). If that doesn't work, then go for the CO or the XO. One of them WILL do something about this. I, also, know someone that did brig time for fraud in the Marines. There aren't enough rods for him to polish to get him in good enough with anyone that could get him out of this if you contact his direct higher ups. It's possible he has some rank, but the chances aren't very likely. If someone is in the military long enough to pick up a good rank, chances are they didn't just float through. A person like that is not typically the kind to do this kind of stuff.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:05 AM

Hope everything gets solved. He will get whats coming to him.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Any officer, no matter what branch, wouldnt tolerate his subordinates to commit such crimes.

If you can, contact tucson police, as thats where the crime likely took place. Let them get the address, and hopefully theres enough on him for a felony.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

i have been trying for 3 days straight to contact the army national gaurd none of these people know how pick up or return phone calls
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bubba17
i have been trying for 3 days straight to contact the army national gaurd none of these people know how pick up or return phone calls
Try on the weekends. They dont call them Weekend Warriors for nothing lol. But keep at it. Im sure someone will answer
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:37 AM

Looking over the other threads linked, I hope things work out for all of you effected. I don't understand why such dishonest people exist. Eventually karma will catch up to him as well but I hope you all manage to contact his superiors and put an end to his b.s.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Thursday October 18th i got a hold of his higher ups, they pretty much just blew me off. So after i get off the phone with them i got a hold of Tucson Police department. They said there is deff. something we can do about this, but in order to do so i have to contact my police department or wherever the problem took place. I call my local police department tell them what is going on, they say they will send a squad car out when i get off work. Patrol men shows up i have every single Forum he has been on and done this to printed out along with his 3 diffrent facebooks and also creeped and found his Wife? Fiance? Long story short the patrol men that showed up is one of my dads buddys which is a plus. He looked at me and said I'll take it from here.

Friday October 20 - I get a call from the patrol men. Ryan (me) everything should be good to go and i think you will not have any more problems. I said ok? like? He said don't ask questions ill stop over saturday and explain lol. Well After i leave work i am about halfway into the drive home, I get a call on my cell from UPS. They say Dan Tran excepted and signed for the package and they are closing the trace. I said thank you thats all i need to know! so im glad this As$h*le has finally been caught and someone acctualy followed through with a full out police investigation. I was thinking it was going to be the point were we had to go to court. Needless to say i will be refunded and Cleared out

Forcedkseries- you are more than willing to p.m me and i will give you my number. I can tell you exactly what i did in more detail via phone or text
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Good deal hopefully he gets some jail time so he learns his lesson
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Thursday October 18th i got a hold of his higher ups, they pretty much just blew me off. So after i get off the phone with them i got a hold of Tucson Police department. They said there is deff. something we can do about this, but in order to do so i have to contact my police department or wherever the problem took place. I call my local police department tell them what is going on, they say they will send a squad car out when i get off work. Patrol men shows up i have every single Forum he has been on and done this to printed out along with his 3 diffrent facebooks and also creeped and found his Wife? Fiance? Long story short the patrol men that showed up is one of my dads buddys which is a plus. He looked at me and said I'll take it from here.

Friday October 20 - I get a call from the patrol men. Ryan (me) everything should be good to go and i think you will not have any more problems. I said ok? like? He said don't ask questions ill stop over saturday and explain lol. Well After i leave work i am about halfway into the drive home, I get a call on my cell from UPS. They say Dan Tran excepted and signed for the package and they are closing the trace. I said thank you thats all i need to know! so im glad this As$h*le has finally been caught and someone acctualy followed through with a full out police investigation. I was thinking it was going to be the point were we had to go to court. Needless to say i will be refunded and Cleared out

Forcedkseries- you are more than willing to p.m me and i will give you my number. I can tell you exactly what i did in more detail via phone or text
Keep us updated with any news about this idiot. I'm glad the cops are gonna try and help. But will there be any criminal charges brought on him from what the police told u? I hope he gets something out of this. Guys like this should pay.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

What branch of the military is he in? Can't be the Marines as there is no way that would have been ignored. I'm shocked that they blew you off, but am thrilled to hear that cops got something done for you. There are tons more of these kind of people out there, but you did a great job hopefully getting this guy what he deserves.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear some action is being taken. Please let us know the results.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks he's in the guard and not active, that might be why you aren't getting much help from his command.

Nonetheless, i REALLY think your should call his CC back and say something along the lines of, "thanks for not doing anything. I got law enforcement involved. I've gotten my money back from UPS, and you now have to deal with your troop that has legal issues since you didn't want to take care of it in house the first time I contacted you. Have fun."

anyway, glad it worked out for you!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about paypal....did they reverse the reversal?? I think I might've missed that.