Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Official Winged Warrior Ii. (2006) Merged

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Official Winged Warrior II. (2006) Thread.

We are far enough away, to start posting events, classes, and the rules. These will be comming up on this space in the next week or so. This event will surely be HUGE, and a blast! We will have access to most of the airport, as the North/South runway belongs soley to US. As does the "ramp" we did the autoX on last May. This year will have the car show, Vendor row, Lots sunk into advertisement, and open registration via a website. This year will be stiffer competition, as I am the captain for Team Import, and there is another assigned as captain for TEAM USA. It will really be US against THEM. They will have cars such as Ford GT's, Saleen S7's etc.. Not to worry, we will whip them. The winning "team" will also share a large pot of money (5K? more? will see)

Team Import: 70 Cars
Team USA: 70 Cars

Events (tentative):

Large auto X
100-0 MPH braking
700 foot slalom
skidpad
Drag race down the strip (portable drag lights with lasers timers!)
0-60 MPH

final event Import vs Domestic yet to be determined, but it WILL be exciting to watch!

Same format, 3 attempts, will be able to wave last 2 attempts if you want to.

Rules: TBA
Classes:TBA

All event areas will be going on at the same time, race one station, move to the next. That way, we get it all in, with breaks inbetween.

This is still a Riley Hospital Donation event like last May.

Will post more on this soon, but I just wanted to post this so you can get familiar with this thread, as ALL info about the event will be HERE ONLY! All the way to the final stats will be posted here! Events above could change, but this is the best compilation of determining who is the baddest around:

TEAM IMPORT? or TEAM USA? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Feb 27, 2006 at 11:43 AM. Reason: fix spelling on title
Old Nov 27, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Dear Santa SmokedMustang....please bring me many suspension mods and a turbo kit for Christmas. I have been a very good boy this year . j/k

Go Team IMPORT!!! Make sure those USA car drivers know that the autocross involves a series of turns...and not just a straight line .

It is November.....and I am officially throwing down the gauntlet in my class....whatever that may turn out to be.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
Dear Santa SmokedMustang....please bring me many suspension mods and a turbo kit for Christmas. I have been a very good boy this year . j/k

Go Team IMPORT!!! Make sure those USA car drivers know that the autocross involves a series of turns...and not just a straight line .

It is November.....and I am officially throwing down the gauntlet in my class....whatever that may turn out to be.
I am ready, lots going in to this one keemosabe! TEAM USA IS bringing some big guns, and we have a Noble M12 on our side, with a couple R34 Skylines, etc... wont post the people interested, as once the registration opens, I will have to pick the best 70 to represent us! There will be classes to include: stock/modified/supermodified/unlimited, so dont anyone be intimidated by the uberexotic flavor of this one, it takes A TEAM! not a couple expensive cars to get it done. And E2L, I checked my list, even twice, and it appears, you are not on it!
Old Nov 28, 2005, 07:33 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I need tires and a sway bar, Santa. Been working on the driving skills part.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it 70 per class or 70 total combined? What are the qualifications to on the "team"?

Dave
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I am ready, lots going in to this one keemosabe! TEAM USA IS bringing some big guns, and we have a Noble M12 on our side, with a couple R34 Skylines, etc... wont post the people interested, as once the registration opens, I will have to pick the best 70 to represent us! There will be classes to include: stock/modified/supermodified/unlimited, so dont anyone be intimidated by the uberexotic flavor of this one, it takes A TEAM! not a couple expensive cars to get it done. And E2L, I checked my list, even twice, and it appears, you are not on it!
Crap....not on the list!! Remember me when you make the list of 70......also remember I smoked half the mustangs last time.....completely stock!

Are you permitting multiple drivers again this year?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
I need tires and a sway bar, Santa. Been working on the driving skills part.
Santa sees your name on the list otter! You will have to return to defend your "trophy"
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silencer
Is it 70 per class or 70 total combined? What are the qualifications to on the "team"?

Dave
TEAM IMPORT 70 CARS
TEAM USA 70 CARS
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's this list?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Where's this list?
Registration is NOT until Jan 06. I can tell you cars of interest are Saleen S7's/Lambo/Ferrari/Noble M12/ 1100 Hp Supra. They are waiting for the registration also. First is the rules/regs. which will be posted soon! please be patient.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

The ultra exotics will be in a class by themselves. Dont be intimidated
Old Nov 29, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Had Meeting with the Captain of TEAM USA, and we are starting to "hash" out the details. here is a little I can say now:

There will be 7 events:

1. Large Auto-X
2. 700 ft. slalom
3. 100-0 MPH braking
4. 0- 60 FOOT Time
5. Drag race
6. Car show. ( along with the car-show itself, this is where the participants take a break to eat, mingle, etc, and the fans can see the race-cars up front, and have a "peoples choice" vote on the best looking/functioning car.
7. Skid pad

There will also be a GRAND FINALE, where the top 5 Domestics take on the top 5 Imports in a rotor glowing, high speed finale. Wont mention what this is, but it in itself is worth the admisssion!

The classes will be Pseudo SCCA type. This way for example in the stock class, a stock NEON wont be pissed by being whopped by a stock Corvette. The classes and the cars will be hand picked, and very competitive in the classes.

There will be 10 imports and 10 Domestics going from station to station, so you will be with the same competitive class throughout the day. There will be like a "shot-gun" start, and will go from event to event until all 7 are completed, and the final 10 will be called out to do the Grand Finale and determine the WINGED WARRIOR CHAMPION 2006!

This is all we have agreed on so far, stay tuned for further info as they develop!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Had Meeting with the Captain of TEAM USA, and we are starting to "hash" out the details. here is a little I can say now:

There will be 7 events:

1. Large Auto-X
2. 700 ft. slalom
3. 100-0 MPH braking
4. 0- 60 FOOT Time
5. Drag race
6. Car show. ( along with the car-show itself, this is where the participants take a break to eat, mingle, etc, and the fans can see the race-cars up front, and have a "peoples choice" vote on the best looking/functioning car.
7. Skid pad

There will also be a GRAND FINALE, where the top 5 Domestics take on the top 5 Imports in a rotor glowing, high speed finale. Wont mention what this is, but it in itself is worth the admisssion!

The classes will be Pseudo SCCA type. This way for example in the stock class, a stock NEON wont be pissed by being whopped by a stock Corvette. The classes and the cars will be hand picked, and very competitive in the classes.

There will be 10 imports and 10 Domestics going from station to station, so you will be with the same competitive class throughout the day. There will be like a "shot-gun" start, and will go from event to event until all 7 are completed, and the final 10 will be called out to do the Grand Finale and determine the WINGED WARRIOR CHAMPION 2006!

This is all we have agreed on so far, stay tuned for further info as they develop!
Holy crap that's a LOT! Are we going to have to wake up the roosters to get this in in one day?? Or do we go until the sun comes up the next day?? .......I kinda like that idea!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:06 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Erm, yeah, I'm definitely going to need better tires. Stock RSAs won't do too well on a slalom or skid pad.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
Holy crap that's a LOT! Are we going to have to wake up the roosters to get this in in one day?? Or do we go until the sun comes up the next day?? .......I kinda like that idea!
No, not with all events going on at the same time! with a great coordinated effort, we will have time to "park" our cars in a row, let the audience pick "fan-favorite" while we eat, rest etc... there will be breaks in between. THere will be about an Hour or so between the events being completed and the announcement of the final 10 who will Gun for the BIG Trophy. to finish off under the lights.

Quick Reply: Official Winged Warrior Ii. (2006) Merged