Notices

How to do a Teach in/Relearn Via 2.0 Tactrix for replacement of clutches

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to do a Teach in/Relearn Via 2.0 Tactrix for replacement of clutches

I am going to do a bit of copy and paste and add a few things that are not in the manual

This function allows the user to execute TC-SST [*] re-learn process that is
necessary in case of the following service.
1. Mechatronic assembly part replacement
2. Clutch assembly part replacement.
Note - This function is executable for vehicles equipped with TC-SST only.

PassThru CAN required and can be found with install instructions here > https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...h-tactrix.html

Step 0 - Start car, Transmission in Park.

Step 1 - Ensure no CELs are present (must clear CEL if present), Launch PassThru can and Click on PassThru Can Teach-in. Read prompt and only the brave who understand the consequences will continue

You are now in the Command selection screen

Step 2 - Ensure you have "Diag. Version: 0001" or higher ie 2, 3 etc (if you have vr 0000 read the manual as you have to do extra stuff)

Step 2.5 - E-brake up and fully depress the brake pedal.

Step 3 - Select "Clutch Ventilation" and click the green check mark. A confrimation screen pops up, check mark to continue. Once done, an "Executed" screen will appear.

Step 4 - Select "Stroke Teach-In" and click the green check mark. A confrimation screen pops up, check mark to continue. Once done, an "Executed" screen will appear.

Maybe Step 4.5 - I have issues with the next step failing(Step 5), so I have had to shut the car off and turn it back on at this point.

Step 5 - Select "Boost Teach-In" and click the green check mark. A confrimation screen pops up, check mark to continue. Once done, an "Executed" screen will appear.

Step 6 - Select "Reset Clutch Gain" and click the green check mark. A confrimation screen pops up, check mark to continue. Once done, an "Executed" screen will appear.

Completed!!

Now some else told me that during step 5 the car revs to 4k and stays there for 2 minutes... I am not sure if this is correct as it has worked/executed without that happening to mine.

Now this is what I was told and how I did my teach in and everything seems to be working, if I did it wrong please post or PM me and I will change it.

Cheers/Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PassThruCAN Manual.pdf (1.26 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by CFMP RAblue; Sep 20, 2014 at 03:04 PM.