Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Race Car trailer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** happens. Your truck could breakdown then you have a truck, trailer and racecar stranded.

I guess I am in the minority. Just don't feel you need a rig for a street driven hpde/tt car. No doubt that requires a well maintained car. Cage is nice but again maybe it's just me, don't feel it is needed for a hpde/tt car. I think people take there cars alittle too far for these types of events. To me this should be a street legal high performance car. My formula car is great but other than a couple races a week it sits. GAY! That is why I bought an evo so I can do 1-2 touge runs a week plus 1-2 hpde/tt a month. <That is a hell of alot more track time then I get in my formula car plus much cheaper. For me there is no way in hell my evo is ever getting a cage or stuffed in a trailer.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 0100
**** happens. Your truck could breakdown then you have a truck, trailer and racecar stranded.

I guess I am in the minority. Just don't feel you need a rig for a street driven hpde/tt car. No doubt that requires a well maintained car. Cage is nice but again maybe it's just me, don't feel it is needed for a hpde/tt car. I think people take there cars alittle too far for these types of events. To me this should be a street legal high performance car. My formula car is great but other than a couple races a week it sits. GAY! That is why I bought an evo so I can do 1-2 touge runs a week plus 1-2 hpde/tt a month. <That is a hell of alot more track time then I get in my formula car plus much cheaper. For me there is no way in hell my evo is ever getting a cage or stuffed in a trailer.
bummer, it'll never get fully used then.

I'll never look down on safety. And you're never really comfortable in an evo, unless theres a racing seat and a harness. And if you don't have a cage (or at least a roll bar), you shouldn't have either.

I feel sorry for the guys flying around the car, bracing their knees against the shifter, and wondering, "why can't i be consistant?" as they hang on to their steering wheel for their life.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
bummer, it'll never get fully used then.
Sorry you lost me. Not that hard to do.

You ain't racing consistent laps till you have a full custom bead seat.

I definitely agree with you but for a street driven touge, hpde, tt car it seems like overkill.

I will be putting a brixII and CG-Lock in the evo, which should help alittle, but that's it. It is what it is. If I want 5 point, bead seat, full cage action I will jump in the f-car.

Mainly decide what you want to do with your car. You can do alot with a street legal car and not need a trailer, but can easily go too far and need a trailer, which is fine if that is what you want to do.