Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Race Car trailer

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** happens. Your truck could breakdown then you have a truck, trailer and racecar stranded.

I guess I am in the minority. Just don't feel you need a rig for a street driven hpde/tt car. No doubt that requires a well maintained car. Cage is nice but again maybe it's just me, don't feel it is needed for a hpde/tt car. I think people take there cars alittle too far for these types of events. To me this should be a street legal high performance car. My formula car is great but other than a couple races a week it sits. GAY! That is why I bought an evo so I can do 1-2 touge runs a week plus 1-2 hpde/tt a month. <That is a hell of alot more track time then I get in my formula car plus much cheaper. For me there is no way in hell my evo is ever getting a cage or stuffed in a trailer.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 0100
**** happens. Your truck could breakdown then you have a truck, trailer and racecar stranded.

I guess I am in the minority. Just don't feel you need a rig for a street driven hpde/tt car. No doubt that requires a well maintained car. Cage is nice but again maybe it's just me, don't feel it is needed for a hpde/tt car. I think people take there cars alittle too far for these types of events. To me this should be a street legal high performance car. My formula car is great but other than a couple races a week it sits. GAY! That is why I bought an evo so I can do 1-2 touge runs a week plus 1-2 hpde/tt a month. <That is a hell of alot more track time then I get in my formula car plus much cheaper. For me there is no way in hell my evo is ever getting a cage or stuffed in a trailer.
bummer, it'll never get fully used then.

I'll never look down on safety. And you're never really comfortable in an evo, unless theres a racing seat and a harness. And if you don't have a cage (or at least a roll bar), you shouldn't have either.

I feel sorry for the guys flying around the car, bracing their knees against the shifter, and wondering, "why can't i be consistant?" as they hang on to their steering wheel for their life.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
bummer, it'll never get fully used then.
Sorry you lost me. Not that hard to do.

You ain't racing consistent laps till you have a full custom bead seat.

I definitely agree with you but for a street driven touge, hpde, tt car it seems like overkill.

I will be putting a brixII and CG-Lock in the evo, which should help alittle, but that's it. It is what it is. If I want 5 point, bead seat, full cage action I will jump in the f-car.

Mainly decide what you want to do with your car. You can do alot with a street legal car and not need a trailer, but can easily go too far and need a trailer, which is fine if that is what you want to do.