Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO IX vs. Porsche Club of America

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
tell Hank i said hey......

i havent seen him in a while...
Leh,

He may be at RA on 12/1, I'll tell him you said hello. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, unfortunately my 2 year old got a staph infection and we ended up spending Friday through today in the hospital in Greensboro, NC...we were visiting my wife's family...he's all good now!

Cleve
Attached Thumbnails EVO IX vs. Porsche Club of America-ted1.jpg   EVO IX vs. Porsche Club of America-ted2.jpg  
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job. I was out there that weekend but timed you in the 1:38-40 range. Either way you were moving quick and took good lines. I had the silver evo by the orton performance trailor. A lot of the porsche guys are out there to have some fun and rarely push their cars to the limit.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by keevo54
Nice job. I was out there that weekend but timed you in the 1:38-40 range. Either way you were moving quick and took good lines. I had the silver evo by the orton performance trailor. A lot of the porsche guys are out there to have some fun and rarely push their cars to the limit.

Yeah, I guess Hank Cohn's traqmate was giving him bad data all weekend. Hank was giving his car everything he could...ask him if you don't believe me, he's over on Rennlist.

Cleve

Last edited by cgmeredithjr; Nov 26, 2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its the truth, i went to my first track day and as a noob, i was lapping c6 z06's, some race prepped caged 944's on hoosier race slicks, and some full track cars. that was at my first track day, stock turbo, a048's, kw v3's...

next year it will be interesting to see how i do with about -200 lbs, motons/ohlins, 285/30/18 r comps, quaife lsd, etc etc
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Yeah, I guess Hank Cohn's traqmate was giving him bad data all weekend. Hank was giving his car everything he could...ask him if you don't believe me, he's over on Rennlist.

Cleve
Geese I wasnt being a smart a$$ or anything. I have seen Hank out there a lot and he turns good 1,37 times. I was just telling you the time I got on a couple of the laps I timed.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by keevo54
Geese I wasnt being a smart a$$ or anything. I have seen Hank out there a lot and he turns good 1,37 times. I was just telling you the time I got on a couple of the laps I timed.
Sorry, the way I read your post was similar to others who basically said I was full of **** concerning how quick the EVO is around RA. Group 5 is the instructors group and nobody is lollygagging around the track. The times you are quoting were with traffic...and passes only happen with point bys on the straights. The car will be at RA on 12/1 with the new HTA35R, AEM EMS, Exedy HD Twin, AMS surge tank fuel system, E85, and some additional tuning...looking for sub 1:33.

Cleve
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cleve,

I hope your son recovers well. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Carlos
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Cleve,

I hope your son recovers well. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Carlos
Thanks Carlos. Teddy is all good, fortunately he did not have the MRSA strain of Staph that has been running around and is extremely hard to fight off. He responded quickly to the antibiotics but had to be hooked up to an IV for 3 days to make sure he was O.K.. Now we have to force feed him the liquid stuff for 14 days, 3 times a day...he does NOT like that!

Cleve
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Sorry, the way I read your post was similar to others who basically said I was full of **** concerning how quick the EVO is around RA. Group 5 is the instructors group and nobody is lollygagging around the track. The times you are quoting were with traffic...and passes only happen with point bys on the straights. The car will be at RA on 12/1 with the new HTA35R, AEM EMS, Exedy HD Twin, AMS surge tank fuel system, E85, and some additional tuning...looking for sub 1:33.

Cleve
Sweet. I might make it out if I don't go dirtbiking. Dez in a TT will be out there and he runs 1.33-35. You'll should have fun. Your car def moves and sounds sweet too.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

LOL, interesting thread. Cleve did own the group in Oct, I was there watching myself. Seemed like Hank and Cleve were pretty even at first and then Cleve started pulling away. There was a cup car there that should have spanked them both, but you cant buy driving skill.

Other than those two, the group was fairly modest (slow) some being the cars but most being the drivers. 1:35 is about as fast as you'll see at a PCA DE, from a cup car or 997 GT3. I know a guy that has a stock 996 GT3 that can run mid 1:30's too, he races pro in germany. Maybe we can all get out there together one of these days, we wont get many clean laps because of passing people, but it would be fun.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

redline time attack events are being owned by the ams evo. Plenty of modified race porsches in those events. fwiw
Old Jan 3, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

nice...