Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Good Ole Beaverton Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. I just rememebr when I brought mine for 5th gear grinds they wont test it, cause it was doing it only on high speed over 90. so they say it is not safe to test it and replaced it.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

This is really interesting to me. At Appleway Mitsubishi in Spokane I have never had problems with taking my modified Mirage to them. Granted it is not an Evo but the principle is still the same. Hell they even installed aftermarket non oem spec parts for me. While still under warranty they replaced my fried OEM clutch with an ACT. Same with my suspension. They installed my KYB AGX while still under warranty.

Not sure if they were supposed to after reading this thread but none the less I guess I feel lucky to have not had to deal with the warranty issues and such.

Now on my Miata the Dealer wanted to void my warranty on my fault MAS cause I had replaced the air box with a K&N cone filter. I called BS on that and had the shop I bought the filter from contact a Sema rep to get in contact with the dealer.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Well Mirage I would watch yourself from now on. My buddy bought an 04 Evo (WW with a black hood) that they had on the lot. 9400 miles, looked like a great deal. Car had been modified; had an aftermarket BOV, TBE, and other things I forget at the moment. My buddy is a certified mechanic, and within a couple weeks, could tell that the synchros were starting to fail, and that the throwout bearing was starting to go. Took it to Appleway, and they voided his warranty based solely on the BOV. They sold him to the car as it was, WITH the manufacturers warranty. He raised a fit, and they took the car back, and sold it to somebody else (as a friend of mine has seen it around town already).

As for Zoom's original post, there are two people (which was already stated; Andy, and Mike) that you talk to with regards to Evos. I have had great luck with them, and I would bet that either one of them was who Rob spoke to when he went in there. But I did speak to them recently, and Mitch (the Corporate Mitsu rep) has been watching their shop very closely. More so than he used to. If it were me, I would have had Rob double check with them right before you made the appointment, and to have them watch for your car.

In their defense, since I wasn't there; it is possible that Mitch was actually on site also. If he's there when you bring in your car, he will void your warranty for ANYTHING aftermarket, and the dealership has no say whatsoever. Anytime he's on site, he specifically looks for Evo's (I've heard this from several dealerships) and checks them out. I've had to deal with him on my EB GSR before it was stolen. I had to return the car completely back to stock (even though I had only an LICP) before he looked at it. Even though the LICP didn't have anything to do with the transfer case, or the rear end, it didn't matter. Its easier for them to hide behind the law and void the warranty for unrelated stuff because the car is "modified" than to suck up the 3k to fix the powertrain that was faulty in the first place.

Now to answer your last question, there is a national database with the VIN that Mitsu uses to blacklist their cars. So if they did completely void the warranty, it will be listed with all dealerships. You can call another dealership to verify it, but that probably will be the case.

As far as them rallying hard on your car, I'm really surprised. I've never seen them do anything like that at all, but I also don't recognize who you said drove your car. Its one of the reasons why I have seperation anxiety when it comes to my car. LOL. I go on the test drives with the techs, and try not to let the car out of my sight, for this very reason. Even the most reputable dealerships will have their bad eggs. I usually try and get to know the techs myself, and then have a note put on my file that only certain people are allowed to work on my car.

I would have Rob talk to whoever he originally spoke to and ask them why this all happened.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you very much JS. I will ask him to do that today. I really appreciate it. Does the guy I described sound familiar to Andy or Mike?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

No, if anybody it sounds like Jack, the service manager/writer.

Both Andy and Mike have no hair.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
Pure Win

Ditto to js06evoix. Mike is a great guy. I have known him for along time. He hooked me up with parts for my Eclipse.

Talk to Mike he will totaly treat you right.

And hope everything works out for you.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:31 PM

On this note, what do you guys here consider to be light mods??
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think light mods to people here are what the warranty allows. Like an intake, exhaust, and does the warranty allow piping, and turbo timer or no?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Most bolt on's will not void Mitsu warranty. Its mostly up to the stealership if they want to do the work for free.