Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Jestr Tuning Day in Texas (Jan. 20)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, latest update and schedule....

Saturday Jan. 20 (updated 1/13)

8am-9am --------Inprogress (stock turbo w/ boltons)
9am-10am ------Slowcar (stock turbo, boltons, meth)
10am-11am ----Zeus (WR, akly)
11am-12pm ----Dubbleugly (50trim, meth)
12pm-1pm ------Lunch
1pm-2pm ------Kee1pride (stock turbo, cams, maybe more)
2pm-3pm -------tkdabb22 (stock turbo w/ boltons)
3pm-4pm -------Swordfish (stock turbo,cams, meth)
4pm-6pm -------Epidemic (GT3071, stroker, cams, etc)
6pm-7pm -------Open

I added an hour lunch break, which also it puts a little "flex" in the schedule if we run into difficulties. We can probably squeeze one more in, if we cut lunch to 30 minutes and things go well. This is shaping up nicely.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One full hour of eating flaming hot cheetos is gonna get real ugly real fast Congrats on everything coming together guys, you'll have a blast shooting the breeze with Chris K.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuorder
One full hour of eating flaming hot cheetos is gonna get real ugly real fast Congrats on everything coming together guys, you'll have a blast shooting the breeze with Chris K.
no flaming hot cheetos at this dyno day... that's cheap a$$ gehtto crap, we'll be doing the full fledged tostitos and jalepeno slices. Can someone bring some extra air freshner for the "john" after lunch????

Mitsuorder, are you going to be our guest of honor for the event? I can hear you now..... "umm, sure.... raise the boost 3 more #'s, let's see what she'll really do!" It'd be nice to see you there.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

yeah you should come dude...

Bring some "Air Neutralizer" ....
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
no flaming hot cheetos at this dyno day... that's cheap a$$ gehtto crap, we'll be doing the full fledged tostitos and jalepeno slices. Can someone bring some extra air freshner for the "john" after lunch????

Mitsuorder, are you going to be our guest of honor for the event? I can hear you now..... "umm, sure.... raise the boost 3 more #'s, let's see what she'll really do!" It'd be nice to see you there.
You lost me with the 3psi increase thing...

Tostitos and jalepeno slices you say? Sounds like a recipe for **** seepage for sure... Three people have asked me to come but it's my first anniversary with my girlfriend so no pro bono knuckle busting for me Epidemic will be reping with the real power at this event
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuorder
You lost me with the 3psi increase thing...

Tostitos and jalepeno slices you say? Sounds like a recipe for **** seepage for sure... Three people have asked me to come but it's my first anniversary with my girlfriend so no pro bono knuckle busting for me Epidemic will be reping with the real power at this event

if the female of the species is not happy, no one is happy! Do what you gotta do to keep the peace.

I'm sure someone will light off an after lunch release in your honor. it won't just be the 3" tailpipes lettin loose the flames.

Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:18 PM

so i see an open slot at the end, is it safe to assume it's too late to sign up?
and these are ECUflashes right?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think its too late to sign up, but i'll let dubbleugly01 confirm that

and yes this is for a ecuflash
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hurley
so i see an open slot at the end, is it safe to assume it's too late to sign up?
and these are ECUflashes right?

I think we can fit one more in. Obviously it will be dependent on how quickly we can turn the cars around, but for basic bolt on's, which most on the list have, I think it should go quickly. We're at the mercy of EngineLogics after 10 hrs. It'll be up to the shop to decide how late we can use the dyno. I know he respects his neighbors in the area, and he won't want to run the dyno too late, but I think we can squeeze another in within the time alotment.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

do the plastic pieces under the intercooler have to come off for the dyno day?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
I think we can fit one more in. Obviously it will be dependent on how quickly we can turn the cars around, but for basic bolt on's, which most on the list have, I think it should go quickly. We're at the mercy of EngineLogics after 10 hrs. It'll be up to the shop to decide how late we can use the dyno. I know he respects his neighbors in the area, and he won't want to run the dyno too late, but I think we can squeeze another in within the time alotment.
i don't have a paypal account, so i don't know how that will work. i'll find out sunday night if i can come into work late that night and if i can i will definately be there getting tuned if allowed. as soon as i know somthing sunday night, i'll post it in here, unless theres another way you want me to go about this.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hurley
i don't have a paypal account, so i don't know how that will work. i'll find out sunday night if i can come into work late that night and if i can i will definately be there getting tuned if allowed. as soon as i know somthing sunday night, i'll post it in here, unless theres another way you want me to go about this.

hurley, check your pm.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowCar
do the plastic pieces under the intercooler have to come off for the dyno day?
not the whole undertray, but there is a access panel that is held in place by 4 phillips head screws, right in the center of the car towards the front, that once removed will expose a tow hook we need to use. It's on the same cross member that the front motor mount is tied to. The panel is about 1'x1'.

If your undertray is already off, that's cool, but removing that access panel is a lot easier than pulling the whole undertray.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys who installs meth injection kits in houston?? i need to get one installed during this week. And is snow kit a good one??
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know of anyone who does this specifically, but most of the kits are straigtforward and easy to install if you want to do it yourself. The usually come with detailed instructions that make it easy. But you will be mouting hardware in the engine bay, running lines into the cabin and mounting controllers, LED's, etc. in the cabin, so it's a bit time consuming. Easy, but time consuming.

Which kit are you going with? Slowcar probably would be a good resource to ask about which kit to install, and what to be aware of.

Originally Posted by tkdabb22
Hey guys who installs meth injection kits in houston?? i need to get one installed during this week. And is snow kit a good one??

Quick Reply: Jestr Tuning Day in Texas (Jan. 20)