Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

ALABAMA.. who is all here?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
Spec Ptrim Twin Grabs like a ****....chatters, juss like every other twin...lol...I was their prototype for the 6speed. Cesar(GG GSR09 that did 11.7 sunday) has their sprung 6 puck and it does great. For the $$ and what you get, it's their best choice. That is what I am suggesting to my customers for a street setup for 400-500hp, I believe it is rated at 600ft/lb. My Ptrim is rated @1100ft/lb. way too much clutch for what I need, right now. So far my clutch engages fine just not super fast. All that rotating mass is heavier than stock. So far so good, as I have about 10,000miles on it...we will see
you're having better luck than me. mine has right around 7000 on it and its done
Old Nov 4, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also plan to go with the sprung 6-puck from Spec. Their Stage 3 I think (I hate "stages"). It's very streetable, has less mass and holds much more tq than I'll ever put down. The pedal is much lighter than the ACT HD too, which saves your calves in traffic.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 07:26 AM

All this talk about about Spec is starting to raise an eyebrow. I'm trying to research the best clutch and flywheel that willl hold my future power levels. "Q" we'll be in touch
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B350
All this talk about about Spec is starting to raise an eyebrow. I'm trying to research the best clutch and flywheel that willl hold my future power levels. "Q" we'll be in touch
Unless you're looking to squeeze every ounce of HP out of the car, I'd highly recommend staying with a stock or lightened stock flywheel. Anything less than about 11lb can easily cause drivability and idle problems.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Brian...got your email. I've been working on a couple of things for you and I'll send them your way today. We have another project in the shop, fabbing up a turbo manifold, downpipe, IC piping and a few other things. This on top of trying to get this stock frame turbo manifold finished. We should have some good progress to report on this week. Man what a glorious day outside, all of you if you can go outside and enjoy it !
Being that we work close with Spec I like doing business with them and well the results speak for themselves. Cesar's Evo performed flawlessly Sunday. The Spec sprung 6 puck is the way to go IMHO..it's what we recommend for dd streetable 400-500hp range.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

i have the unsprung Comp 6 puck and i love it!! once you get used to it, it is amazing... i wouldnt recommend it to anyone that want to street there car, but i beat the crap out of my car and it lasts and grips!! there sprung 6 puck is awesome as well... you just have to get used to a 6 puck because it is harsh!!!

and i 100% agree with Matt... stick with the stock flywheel!!! it was put there for a reason!!! i can do some things to it to make it a little lighter... but all in all its a bad *** flywheel!!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:51 AM

Cheap autox for a Good Cause!

Our season finale and charity event will be held on November 15th at the Birmingham Dog Race Track and will be a bit different. First off the entry fee will be $20 for SCCA members and $25.00 for non members with a weekend membership filled out.

The Birmingham Chapter of the American Association of Critical care nurses will be selling coffee and donuts in the morning and Pizza at lunch in an effort to raise funds for the Lovelady house. The Lovelady Center provides a range of programs to women involved in the criminal justice system and their children that help rebuild their lives and ability to succeed. Our donations will go to help support those programs.

This is a normal points event and will run like every other event except for one little difference. We will be doing Three (that's right, 3) timed runs, followed by as many fun runs as possible right after lunch.

Fun runs will be paid for by cash donations to our charity, or unwrapped presents (stuffed animals, legos, matchbox cars, whatever).

Spread the word and let’s get a good crowd out for the season finale
and help support a good cause.

Thanks!

So here is your chance to come to a very laid back and reduced in price autox event. We always have a lot of fun at the year end event. The fun runs is a great time to jump into someone else's car (with their permission of course) and compare their setup to yours. We had 6 Evos at the last event maybe we can get 7! Also after the events we always head to the Neighborhood Bar and Grill for drinks, food and of course some more bench racing. Hope some of you can make it out, you will have a great time while giving to a worthy cause.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

bouta go look at a volvo wagon, potential candidate for a

wait for it

wait for it

Old Nov 6, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

oldddddddddddd
Old Nov 6, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linuxman51
bouta go look at a volvo wagon, potential candidate for a

wait for it

wait for it

Holy Crap! 2JZ ... with NAZ?? For serious!??
Old Nov 6, 2009, 08:10 AM

Niiiiice. I'm sold
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Shoooot. That aint nothin. Im getting ready to swap in 3 JZ's. It'll be more JZ's in one car than you can shake a stick at!

Sara, im definitely coming to autox this time to finish out the season. Good to hear we are having the charity stuff. Im kinda excited about there being food right there on the premises! Yay!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoWWrs
oldddddddddddd
yeah, I know. need a tow vehicle for the race car, figured a twin turbo wagon would do just as good as anything.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:08 AM

i seen a black evo with black wheels in boaz tonight is it anyone on here
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, thats Ben aka" BigBen" on here he txted me yesterday about u. C

Quick Reply: ALABAMA.. who is all here?