Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

ALABAMA.. who is all here?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i personally like the fact that few people have them!! kind of makes them unique and makes someone say OHHHH look at that!!

or someone that thinks its a lancer or that things there big bad mustang can whip anything and im a block ahead before they even stop spinning at the line!!

you kinda have a big mouth for only running a 12.13!!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoWWrs
you kinda have a big mouth for only running a 12.13!!
I think its the other way around, its kinda hard to talk **** when you have a bunch of go-fast stuff and you're not going fast (me)

I've got to check some stuff, the car should have been faster than it was, towards the end of the day I was hitting a consistent 360 load with almost zero knock and it just wasn't getting any faster. Either I had stale race gas that wasn't really 110 anymore (heh, its only been sitting around in my shop for 7 months), or I've got something else wrong. The timing numbers seem fairly consistent, the afrs weren't stupid rich unless my lc-1 was lying to me (a possibility, it flakes out almost every other day and dumps its calibration). Might have a boost leak somewhere. I guess I'll go through the system again. It was also suggested that my bpv could be leaking under the increased pressure.

Oh well, at least my best friend won outlaw in his nissan.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

who cares even if i ran a 13.2? i spend my money on suspension, brakes, and tires....the point is AL has quite a few evos and dont know why there were only 2 there, and the 1 guy running was mr too cool for school about the other out of state evos with his big daddy 35r
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
who cares even if i ran a 13.2? i spend my money on suspension, brakes, and tires....the point is AL has quite a few evos and dont know why there were only 2 there, and the 1 guy running was mr too cool for school about the other out of state evos with his big daddy 35r
too cool for school?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
welll good for you to represent ur state.. i only went there to see other evos since there are none where i am stationed.. u go to an import event in cali and u have a 100+ car evo meet... i figured i would see AT LEAST 15, which is why i posted... come on AL.
15 evos? In one place? In ALABAMA? yeah, no...most everyone that says they'll come to anything are just blowing smoke. The best I have ever seen is maybe 5 at autocross. There probably arent many more than 50 evo owners in the whole state.

And as far as good for him for representing his state.....wouldnt he need to leave the state to represent his state? I thought this thing was in Montgomery?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
15 evos? In one place? In ALABAMA? yeah, no...most everyone that says they'll come to anything are just blowing smoke. The best I have ever seen is maybe 5 at autocross. There probably arent many more than 50 evo owners in the whole state.

And as far as good for him for representing his state.....wouldnt he need to leave the state to represent his state? I thought this thing was in Montgomery?
Yes it was. however I believe his comment reflected the simple fact that no one else from around here showed up. Pensacola/Mobile had a lot of evo owners last I heard, I can't believe they've all up and gone somewhere, but I don't get down to the coast very often.

There are.. five in montgomery that *I* know of- mine, Jin (a red body kitted full race 35r and a list of other things VIII), a grey VIII that is currently wrecked, another grey VIII whose owner doesn't do much of anything with the car last time I checked (used to work with him), and he never seems to come out for dinner meets, and a guy with a black IX who I don't know why didn't show up. His wife had him doing something.

We do have about 50,000 240sx guys here in town, and a handful of civics.

Last edited by linuxman51; Jun 1, 2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: clarification about wives, since I don't have one
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
15 evos? In one place? In ALABAMA? yeah, no...
Ha ha aint that the truth. I think we had 9 Evos on the ground at one time back in my old Murphy Mitsubishi days. I think that's the record for most Evos in one place at one time in Alabama.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Linuxman, you were talking mad **** while we were waiting for the tech guy to make his rounds. What was that motion you did again? Turning up the boost? And the owner of the fpred evo you were talking **** about was in fact the guy you were telling it to lol. I don't recall getting butthurt about the "big boy" turbo thing. If anything I would be more pissed if I were you and had this huge *** turbo and couldn't do better than a 3071 with meth and only 1/10th of a second faster than a fpred on pump @ 25...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Macaroni
Linuxman, you were talking mad **** while we were waiting for the tech guy to make his rounds. What was that motion you did again? Turning up the boost? And the owner of the fpred evo you were talking **** about was in fact the guy you were telling it to lol. I don't recall getting butthurt about the "big boy" turbo thing. If anything I would be more pissed if I were you and had this huge *** turbo and couldn't do better than a 3071 with meth and only 1/10th of a second faster than a fpred on pump @ 25...
I will not deny any trash talk, and you were hot to trot about the fpred comment a couple weeks ago-I really didn't mean it as an insult, but I'm not apologizing about any of it.

And I am disappointed in the car, a little bit, but its biggest problem right now is me. You guys all had it down and ran pretty consistent, I couldn't buy a consistent run sunday if I'd wanted to, either from it doing something wierd off the line or me missing a gear. And given the amount of boost I ultimately did run, it didn't go very fast. Again, I'm not claiming to be billybadass with the evo, but while we're on the subject, you didn't step up to the plate like your buddy did and run in the street tire class. I knew before I even got to the track there wasn't a prayer for me, altho I felt better about it until I made my first pass.

I am relatively new to the evo thing, I've own the car for two years, bought it from a friend with most of this stuff already on it, and only in the past month and a half have I sat down and started to really make it 'my' car. I've been doing the volvo thing forever and the evo was just a neat technically fascinating and reliable mode of transportation until the clutch finally blew up.

And I think the guy with the 3071 qualified behind me, so as sad as it is, I did actually manage to run a faster time at least once Sunday. And, I probably posted the slowest time out of the evo's that ran too. It is what it is.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

I never made any intentions to run in the street class. I only do T&T. I don't like to run more than 3-4 times per visit to the track. I think it's just too much abuse for my liking and if I enter in to either a bracket race or heads up race, i will need to run a lot more. The only comment I made about the fpred was that it's just as much of a power house and the 35r putting down just the same if not better times.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

I never made any intentions to run in the street class. I only do T&T. I don't like to run more than 3-4 times per visit to the track. I think it's just too much abuse for my liking and if I enter in to either a bracket race or heads up race, i will need to run a lot more. The only comment I made about the fpred was that it's just as much of a power house and the 35r putting down just the same if not better times.
You also didn't own up to who you were when I was "talking **** about your car".
You chose your setup, mine came with all of this.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted to see if you could deliver what you big *** mouth was putting out but I was let down... Kinda sucks when a "non big boy turbo" is right on your heels huh? Oh and that 3071 is a smaller turbo than me so that should make you feel more like a sorry *** driver. If my car came with all that, I wouldn't be running mid 11's. And if by some source of bad luck I was running that crappy, I wouldn't run my mouth looking like a retard acting like I'm turning the boost up on my imaginary boost controller. You should have sticked with Volvo man...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey guys.. looky looky.. im slow HAHAHA.. i didnt even make it down there yesturday cuz iwoke up at 1 and was like.. CRAP!

but i wouldnt have even run. and if i did, i would just be the slowest guy there in a mitsu

anyone wanna meet up friday at steele? (sunday is the autox at the BRC also)
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

I wanted to see if you could deliver what you big *** mouth was putting out but I was let down... Kinda sucks when a "non big boy turbo" is right on your heels huh? Oh and that 3071 is a smaller turbo than me so that should make you feel more like a sorry *** driver. If my car came with all that, I wouldn't be running mid 11's. And if by some source of bad luck I was running that crappy, I wouldn't run my mouth looking like a retard acting like I'm turning the boost up on my imaginary boost controller. You should have sticked with Volvo man...
Yes. I'm a ****ty driver. I'm not arguing that, and I even said as much earlier. Feel better about yourself now?

and lets see:
FPRed - 880cc injectors - Walbro 255 - Comp 280's - Prostreet Adj. cam gears - Shep trans and t-case - ACT 6 puck - EMP o2 dump - HKS downpipe and catback - ETS short route piping - Ebay fmic and intake - Tien S-tech's - ARP headstuds - AEM Tru Boost - AEM UEGO

You've got more **** done to yours than mine has, with a "similarly capable turbo", and you're only running mid 11's yourself, so what's your excuse? If you're such a hotshot behind the wheel why are you running 1/10th behind my sorry ***? You should be beating me into the ground...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Well sir, I think mid 11's on pump gas are pretty damn good despite air temps, humidity, etc. I never claimed to beat you or run my mouth in any way for you to mistakingly think that. Name one other person from the southern region with a similar setup running my times on pump gas...

Quick Reply: ALABAMA.. who is all here?