Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

tuning tech.. shady shady shady

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, spend $100 for a MBC and $200 for a ECU flash from www.dynoflash.com and be done with it.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Man that blows have you tried contacting them about it? If so what did they say?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Budlong,
Please lighten up a little. There is no conspiracy and I'm sure Alfred simply didn't notice the rip in the 50 cents worth of boost line. He'll just send you another: they are a dime a dozen. If you were overboosting, you could have just had Alfred touch it up: he would have taken the time to get it right.

This forum is super-wacky lately. People need to realize: There are only three or four good shops in all of SoCal where you can get reasonable reliable work done. When folks get all revved up and bent out of shape and attacking shops, they only hurt the whole community by unfairly harming the reputation of good people dedicated to our cars.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Alfred has already responded to this thread on SoCalEvo, saying this:

Originally Posted by Alfred@TTech
Gary,

I sincerely apologize for the condition of the boost line. I had two sets on my desk and by accident the damaged one was sent to you. I will send you the correct set tomorrow as we have plenty of these on hand. As for the splices in the lines, sometimes its near impossible to remove them without cutting the wastegate/boost line at the tip as one or both are glued.

As for the overboost condition, I think its important to mention that I tuned you at 23psi on the dyno. I have several dyno runs where your boost was logged and not one will come even close to 26psi. I have no doubt that you were overboosting, but in all fairness, we were never given the opportunity to look at the car and remedy the issue. You simply decided to go elsewhere. You cant diagnose/fix something if youre never given the opportunity to do so.

Expect your replacement line to arrive on Friday.

Alfred
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, I have no idea what is wrong with the layout of this thread. BTW, Alfred and TTech are ANYTHING but shady. They are a dedicated family run business that wrenches and tunes more evos than anyone in SoCal. I guess you can't please them all. Nobody's perfect, but some people refuse to give shops a chance to stand behind their work.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Sep 19, 2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

BUDLong,

First of fore, do you still live in Norcal, as shown on your profile?
Because if you do, why the hell would you still take the risk and have your car tuned at TTech rather than all the shops/tuners in Norcal who are competent in using ECU based boost control?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

tuning tech.. shady shady shady

recently went to TT for a tune as they said they had experience with this method in the past.
here is the post
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=45167.0

They installed a gst boost line in place of my oem one. Long story short, i was not happy with boosting at almost 26 psi on 91 octane.
After a few back an forth pm and emails, i decided TT was not compitant enough to tune boost using the ecu, and i looked to another member for help.
I had forgotten to get my oem boost hose back from them as well as store credit. I called them up last week to get my stuff back and they said they would send it. A week passed and i recieved nothing. I called them on 3 seperate days, and left messages but my calls were never returned.
As soon as i posted a topic in the TT forum "is 25.9 psi safe on 91 octane" aflred contacted me in a matter of minutes to ask what was up. I explained i had called and still hadnt gotten my package. He finally told me today that it was shipped out yesterday.
I got home and saw the package. I opened it.. and this is what i saw...
it looks like someone took a razor blade and cut it in two places. Either the person who took it off my car from TT ripped it out, or it was purposely cut as a big "fu". Either way, this is complete BS. Very weak "buisness" practice.

I would not suggest to anyone i care about, wasting their money at Tuning Tech. If you cant trust them to uninstall a hose without shredding it, would u really trust your engine to them?
I am thoroughly pissed at their lack of respect for other customers property.

BUDLoNG
Attached Thumbnails tuning tech.. shady shady shady-bighole.jpg  
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

i am in socal now. If i was still up north i would have gone to bryan at gst without hesitation.

this is the link to the the forum. not just what alfred says ...

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=49155.0

its funny.. all good posts are encouraged, all negative posts about a shop "hurt the whole community by unfairly harming the reputation of good people dedicated to our cars."

that is a very weak arguement.
I am not being unfair, and by doing what HE did, HE [alfred] is hurting HIS reputation.

Last edited by budlong; Sep 20, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
dude, spend $100 for a MBC and $200 for a ECU flash from www.dynoflash.com and be done with it.
HAHAHA

i live in cali. Dynoflash does not do well with 91 octane. I have already found someone who fixed my problems and did what i wanted done in the first place.

MODS
___
can you fix the layout of this thread please

BUDLoNG
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

TT is a good shop.