Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

HDI-EBC (SBC model)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HDI-EBC (SBC model)

http://www.hybrid-power.com/index.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/HDI-Super-Boost-...item51963ce4c2

Here's my experience that I've had with this product:

I originally had a Hallman Pro mbc which came with my car when I had purchased it and liked, but hated having to go open my hood each time to adjust boost (yes I do know they have a inboard cockpit controller). So my friend's turbo s2k's motor blew about 2 months ago and asked me if I would like to try/have his ebc from HDI because he was going NA again. I myself have never heard of this company and did further research into it before installing and found out that they are an Australian company. And that they seem to have good reviews and for the price they go for you just can't beat it. Being that it was a freebie, I said yes with no hesitation .

Install:

The install was fairly straight forward, even though I had no instructions being that the product was given to me. I'm pretty sure it would be much easier with a manual in front of me instead of my friend giving me a 3 min. brief install description and leaving :/ . I placed the solenoid right under my intake filter somewhere near the stock boost solenoid. The controller is mounted right under my lower cubby inside and looks nice where it sits at. The unit is very user-friendly just a plug-up and play type of affair, unlike the HKS or Greddy ebc.

Test drive:

After starting the car up I did notice that vacuum did go up slightly for a few secs. then dropped backed down to it's normal level, but other than that the ebc does as it's advertised. I like the option of having two boost profile selections available and also the easy feature of switching it with the touch of a button (great for guys who have a map switch). No crazy boost spikes or fluctuations when I got on it and after being tuned the same day I installed it, I did feel a slight increase in spool and the ability to hold boost at high rpms a bit better. Overall I'm very pleased with this ebc and would purchase it (can't say again because it was given to me) if this one goes out on me. I will follow up with some pics tomorrow when I get home from work.

Last edited by Hi Im Vinh; Jan 2, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
id like to see you log boost and show accurate it is
i cant imagine a ebc this cheap being very accurate

Last edited by EvoJoeIX; Jan 2, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
id like to see you log boost and show accurate it is
i cant imagine a ebc this cheap being very accurate
Once I get a Omni map sensor I'd be able to do that. I had a feeling someone would say something like this, just because it works for others on the other side of the country doesn't mean it won't do the same for us.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Here's two pics I managed to snap today before going about my day: