Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Remix Custom's Exhaust for Evo X Review - $320 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remix Custom's Exhaust for Evo X Review - $320 Shipped

I was searching through exhausts and found this one online. For only $320 shipped, I figured that it was a joke. I contacted the company from the website and they were happy to complete my order. I figured for $320, I would see what kind of exhaust it would be. Hopefully, it will help out owners with a tighter budget. It's a 3" pipe with 4" tips.

I ordered the exhaust on August 31st and it arrived on September 7th. I was pretty impressed by the shipping speed. Upon opening the box, I noticed that the exhaust was poorly wrapped half in bubble wrap and half in ripped up cardboard boxes of a coffee maker ... I also noticed that there was several scratches on the exhaust itself. I figured it was from shipping. The tips were protected nicely and well I'm not a stickler about it.

I was anxious to get it installed so the install began on September 8th. This is where some problems happened. The website stated that this was a direct replacement for the OE exhaust. This is untrue. The flange that connected the midpipe to the cat was three inches in diameter yes, but the flange itself was to small. The holes did not line up properly. After some quick thinking, I took out a 1/2" drill bit and proceeded to widen the hole that would connect to the stock cat. Once the holes lined up install took about 10 minutes. This included the hangars and everything. It fit perfectly. On the driver side muffler, one of the exhaust hangars is facing the other way... so I just threw some WD-40 on it and slid it right on in there :giggity:

The sound is a deep tone, no drone or anything. It's very nice, not to loud, but mean. I made a kid in a civic with a fart can just slowly drop away after he rev'd right next to me.

Ratings
Price: 10/10 -$320 shipped, it can't be beat.
Company: 7/10 - Poor packaging really will hurt you. No installation Guide either.
Look: 8/10 - Looks great! Each tip is angled slightly to the outside. They sit a little to close to the diffuser for my liking
Overall: 8/10

Video:

Pictures are attached. Sorry for the smallness of them. I'll try to fix it and I'll answer any questions you might have.
Attached Images      

Last edited by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx; Sep 12, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:53 AM

this video doesn't really much justice. the exhaust sounds great. just alot deeper tone and quite a bit louder too! still a good buy for 320 man!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Haha yeah well it's windy as hell everyday... hard to get a good video. I might try again later, not sure.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:35 PM

try and get one inside a parking garage or some where down town where it can echo off of something
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah but then it's not the true sound lol
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Damn kinda sucked that you have to modified it a little
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Ehh, it didnt turn out bad at all. The flange was maybe 3/8 of an inch off. Nothing serious
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:03 PM

Don't melt your rear diffuser with that being so close. I dont have the link, but someone else with that same kit did melt a hole in his.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blown65
Don't melt your rear diffuser with that being so close. I dont have the link, but someone else with that same kit did melt a hole in his.
I have been very very weary of this. I constantly check it. Nothing has been melting. there is enough air flow to stop it