Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Looking for Sponsership...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Sponsership...

Alrighty, my name is Andre Estrada, I own a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. I live in Queen Creek, Az and I'm willing to go to Firebird or Tuscon. Current modifications include: RRM Cai, RRM UDP kit, and a 2.5" axle back exhaust.

I love motor sport racing and working or learning about cars. Sadly after my current modifications I have run low on money and can't afford future upgrades due to insurance and car payments. I am currently 18 and wish to find someone or some company to support me so that I can go down to the track and race as well as increase my knowledge of cars.

PM me if you can shine some light and help me reach my goal of motor sport racing.

Last edited by Corton520; Jan 10, 2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

bump>>> for this kid.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Continuation...

Thanks =)

Continuation...I grew up playing racing games all my life. And once I got my first car, I've done nothing but try to improve it with the small budget that I have. I'm done racing virtual cars, help me or give me a chance to race a real car...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:16 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a racing resume with rankings or significant placings that prospective sponsors might be interested in? Which organization do you race with at the moment, and are you trying to stay with that organization or move to a different type of racing?

I can tell you from experience that even if you are getting top 10 finishes in legitimate grassroots motorsports, only a handful of companies would like to offer anything more than a discount on their products.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you for that info, thats really helpful. However, I am really starting bone dry. Unfortunately at the moment I am not looking for parta anymore... I am looking more for someone who will sponser me to get me out to the track. I dont have the money to go and get experience on the track. So I know I am jumping the gun because I know what I am asking for is alot... I just need a chance
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty much not going to happen. What do you have to offer to a sponsor? Not being rude, but look at it from their end. What would they gain by spending money on you?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by urbanknight
Do you have a racing resume with rankings or significant placings that prospective sponsors might be interested in? Which organization do you race with at the moment, and are you trying to stay with that organization or move to a different type of racing?

I can tell you from experience that even if you are getting top 10 finishes in legitimate grassroots motorsports, only a handful of companies would like to offer anything more than a discount on their products.
I work for a company that sponsors teams and drivers (I am also apart of a race team)and here is what we are looking for:

1. Already established team/race driver.
2. Testing and feed back to better prove our products.
3. Marketing from the sponsored party.

If you are wondering how people get their foot in the door, you have to have something presentable in the first place. Sponsored teams/drivers are representatives to their sponsor.

I'd suggest getting started by attending HPDE then eventually moving into Club events. You must meet these prerequisites before applying for a pro license. Once you go pro, companies will be willing to help out with a potential sponsorship.

Last year my team spent close to 8k on one event with an existing prepped car for SCCA World Challenge TC2. We finished the race, we had some cash sponsorship which helped us get there but we still spent 8k out of our own pockets just to race. The cost of registration for the race, operations of the team and car are huge.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:04 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by Corton520
I just need a chance
Everybody just needs a chance. If you can't stand out from the masses, there's no reason for any company to pick you out of the pack.

As suggested above, start getting into grassroots racing. SCCA has autocross (Solo2) in which you can compete on your car as it is right now. Also, the membership and entry fees are cheap, so you can get some seat experience and results to post to your resume without too much coin. As mentioned above, HPDE is also great for getting experience and exposure. It also allows you to run just about whatever car you bring.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you, this really does help and Ill be sure to look at SCCA, its just hard with money being tight and all, if theres anything else you could tell me to help out, I am more than willing to hear it. Thanks again
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Might want to look at NASA as well.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:17 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by pensport
Might want to look at NASA as well.
+1 and he's not saying to join the space program. Here's your local chapter.
http://www.nasaaz.com/
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Darn, I was thinking of doing some rally racing on the moon....
haha
I'll take a look at that as well
Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Hey thanks for sending me NASA, so much easier to navigate around and get started