Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

updated wrx... what does this mean for the ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the upgrade for the WRX confirmed already for sure? i mean it could be going around..since the launch of the RA is coming up soon...they could be just trying to hold off RA buys that are torn between the 2..
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
A local dealer confirmed it but that's if you trust dealers.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 06:33 AM

Local dealer still doesn't know much... Hell, local vendors don't know much about the car either!

I think that the older Subaru, since the bugeye, are very brute looking cars, there's something about them that feels like if you mess with them, they'll beat you up... An Evo, and now the RA is a more refined car, looks more like a street racer, not a bruiser. I don't know if this makes much sense to you guys, but to me, the Subaru WRXs and STis look much more brutal than the Evos, plus... there's WAY less STis where I live than Evos, everyone has an Evo nowdays.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Clearly plenty of people like the new Impreza since it's selling very well.
Maybe where you are. I've barely seen ANY of them here.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:53 AM

yeah i rarely see the new impreza and it is usually a mid aged/old person and i have yet to see a new wrx or sti.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

I've seen maybe 3 new suby's since their release here. One of those being the sedan.

And this area is like boyracer central.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eternal_Ronin
Local dealer still doesn't know much... Hell, local vendors don't know much about the car either!

I think that the older Subaru, since the bugeye, are very brute looking cars, there's something about them that feels like if you mess with them, they'll beat you up... An Evo, and now the RA is a more refined car, looks more like a street racer, not a bruiser. I don't know if this makes much sense to you guys, but to me, the Subaru WRXs and STis look much more brutal than the Evos, plus... there's WAY less STis where I live than Evos, everyone has an Evo nowdays.
I don't think the Ralliart looks like a "street racer" since it shares the same body as the GTS. When I see a GTS, I don't think speed, I usually think that it's a nice looking car but not overtly aggressive. The evo on the other hand still looks mean (almost like a shark) since you can clearly see the intercooler and it's wider.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hibby
Maybe where you are. I've barely seen ANY of them here.
Well, as expansive as your personal experience may be, the numbers don't lie and Impreza sales are up 11% since the 08 was released. Its even more impressive if you factor is the huge industry-wide drop in new car sales during that same period. I will admit that those numbers do not break out 2.5i verses WRX models and I would bet that the a large 2.5i sales increase is masking a small decrease in WRX sales.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I don't think the Ralliart looks like a "street racer" since it shares the same body as the GTS. When I see a GTS, I don't think speed, I usually think that it's a nice looking car but not overtly aggressive. The evo on the other hand still looks mean (almost like a shark) since you can clearly see the intercooler and it's wider.
Yeah, i agree.
It doesn't look like a street racer but more as an aggresive GTS.
I think that comes mostly with the hood and the grill.

Still interested, tho.
Not really interested in manuals as much as i used to, but now with the news of the Subie GT. Kinda wonder if will counter it with more hp in the R/A 2010 model.
(if there is one)
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Kinda wonder if will counter it with more hp in the R/A 2010 model.
(if there is one)
Why WOULDN'T there be a 2010 Ralliart? A company in the financial position Mitsubishi is in doesn't go through the trouble of creating a mainstream car and getting it certified for sale in numerous countries unless it intends to manufacture the car for a number of years.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

If it doesn't sell well, why waste money turning a GTS into a Ralliart when it will just sit on the lot collecting dust?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Yes, it's just a GTS with Evo parts thrown at it. I don't think it was that hard to design the RA.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
Yes, it's just a GTS with Evo parts thrown at it. I don't think it was that hard to design the RA.
I assure you there was significant testing and engineering time invested in the Ralliart.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure it will do well though, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

I think the real question is, will mitsu still be here? lol

Quick Reply: updated wrx... what does this mean for the ralliart