Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is Evo worth the $ difference over Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2muchboost
^^You and I are in the same boat
Those simple suspension mods are all the Ralliart needs.
Another thing i liked about the Ralliart was that it was almost 200 lbs lighter than the MR.
200lbs off of a car adds up and i think thats why people are so surprised when they drive the RA and compare it to the mR>
There's a good backroad I use for my test-drives. It's a long righthand curve that decreases in radius and gets tighter and tighter, then at the end there's a left-hand hairpin turn. Unless I enter this section OVER 70mph, there isn't much difference. The RA just leans a bit more since it's higher and softer, but it doesn't feel any less composed. Then when the rapid left-hand transition comes, the RA has a bit more body roll on stock height, but it doesn't feel like it's going to lose grip in the slightest. The RA just feels like a softer/higher Evo X. After noticing this, I pushed the Evo X a bit harder, but I could only tell a big noticeable difference at speeds that aren't really legal on the streets so I won't mention it.

So on a track, you'd definitely feel the performance difference, but track days are rare occasions for most people, AND EXPENSIVE. If you just want a mean street car that makes the daily commute fun, the RA is more than capable.

and modding is what makes Mitsu's fun. I have more fun driving my lightly modded RA (intake/tune thursday, can't wait) WAY more than all the stock Evo X's on the lot.

Just look at all the WRX owners out there. They get to have about just as much fun as STi's on the street with mods and customization. Before Mitsu never had an affordable tuner car like the WRX, now we do. Key word being "comfortably afford". Stock Evo X's aren't that fun honestly. After the novelty wears off, it feels a little slow. I don't have the huge grin on my face whenever I drive Evo X's like when I first got to drive one, but I get new grins everytime I install a new mod and get to feel my RA evolve
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vivimatsuk
i got the X for the wider body and more agressive looks. the 5speed was a plus too. and so the fact that when i pull up somewhere and someone asks me if its an Evo, i can say Yes it is lol
but seriously, like everyone said, if you can afford an Evo X ... get it

lol...Making sure people know you have an evo is whats important to you so your GSR was a very wise choice...
I prefer breaking people off and then when they ask me "is that an Evo?" I can answer "its just a lancer..."

Last edited by 2muchboost; Jan 10, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

I guess on some occasions whenever an evo x passes by I feel like I'm missing something, and when people ask what is that an evo, sometimes I wish I could say yes, on the other side I enjoy modifying my ralliart little by little, plus honestly when I drive my car everyday I like it more and more, specially after every mod. Also I think I get the same amount of attention from people not exactly knowing what my car, is that a regular lancer, evo, or what. My friend has an MR and although next to mine it looks amazing, my ralliary holds it's own, driving both honestly feels the same if not the ralliart feeling more nimble, while going normal speeds. I still want an evo and will always but I needed a daily that was also fun and can perform, ralliart was perfect. I think the price difference is very worth it, ralliart to gsr and even ralliart to MR, it all depends on weather you want a more daily driver or a track monster.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I went with a RA because I cant have a car with such a small trunk space. That was main reason that I went with a RA instead of an EVO.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Big trunk + fold down rear seats kick ***!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:46 PM

most important thing is loving your car either one you get you'll love it
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ Big trunk kicks ***!
Compared to what?? A Mazda Miata maybe......lol
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

^^^OHHH YEAH! My miata trunk is useless. BUt that was my daily driver when i had the RS.
But even compared to the X. The RA has a bigger truck because it doesn't have the active yaw and the rear seats fold down..
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

^^^OHHH YEAH! My miata trunk is useless. BUt that was my daily driver when i had the RS.
But even compared to the X. The RA has a bigger truck because it doesn't have the active yaw and the rear seats fold down..
And the battery and wiper fluid isn't shoved back there taking space.

That is one of the reasons I went with the RA over the Evo. Other reason is insurance.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Get the evo if you have the money. If you get the RA at some point you will preoba ly wish you had an evo. If you buy the evo you won't ever wish you bought an RA!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

If the limit for wtq wasn't an average of 300 this probably wouldn't be a commonly asked question imo
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by edogg23
Get the evo if you have the money. If you get the RA at some point you will preoba ly wish you had an evo. If you buy the evo you won't ever wish you bought an RA!
I came from an Evo and i couldn't be more happy with my RA....
Again, this isn't a discussion on what car is better. (Obviously the evo is a better performing car all around. ) This is about which car meets your needs.
If you read the comments you can see what makes the RA better than the gsr/MR for that particular person.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

Yes EVO IS WORTHY, its a mean machine that was build to haul a$$ in the track!!! RA was build as a street tuner car that was build to hauls a$$ in the streets but with the proper mods... You have to pay to play!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:42 AM

for a piece of evo quality without the costs id take an RA as a dd. Its all a personal choice..
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Westbound&down
umm? HAHA.

no.

Brembo breaks cost about 5 times as much to maintain.
My EVO 8 I changed the pads lol only 2 times in 6 years. Not a big expense if your trying to scare him.

Quick Reply: Is Evo worth the $ difference over Ralliart?