Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is Evo worth the $ difference over Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do some research and list the pros and cons of the two. And list your needs and wants from a car. I'm sure you'll figure it out once you've done this yourself. Good luck!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Put it like this, Speed limit for DD is usually 35-75mph, so depending on what you want the car for, majority of your time will be spent obeying the speed limit anyway right? So decide what is more practically for you to do that with
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

I love reading the post here on trying to make a ralliart an evo and compare but this is what I think. Drive both and pick what u like and what ur budget can afford and what ur budget can afford with what u want to do if u want to mod the car. I'm not saying that either one is better than. The other. I own a ralliart and I don't regret it. I have done a ton with my ralliart and I think mine is very unique. I love it and even through the issues I went through I don't regret anything. If I had the Evo X I would feel the same way :-)
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RA is a better drag racing car.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
The RA is a better drag racing car.
Can you provide any proof of that because all the evidence suggests otherwise.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by D3souz4
Can you provide any proof of that because all the evidence suggests otherwise.
You want me to dig through my computer and post track videos that will get poo-poo'ed anyways? We both know that there is no way to prove that statement. That is a subjective opinion based on experience. I know these two cars pretty well. If all you want to do is go to the track and drag race, get a Ralliart. There is nothing wrong with that.

For whatever reason, Ralliarts feel faster at similar power levels than the X. It pains me to say that, because I now have an X. Yet, my opinion is still what it is. Save your money, build your motor and transmission, get a 6262, and dominate at the track. There is a local Ralliart with an FP-Red (he can post if he wants to). I rode in the car with him when his car walked away from a boosted SC300 (at the track). You should have seen the look on his face. Priceless.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

You want me to dig through my computer and post track videos that will get poo-poo'ed anyways? We both know that there is no way to prove that statement. That is a subjective opinion based on experience. I know these two cars pretty well. If all you want to do is go to the track and drag race, get a Ralliart. There is nothing wrong with that.

For whatever reason, Ralliarts feel faster at similar power levels than the X. It pains me to say that, because I now have an X. Yet, my opinion is still what it is. Save your money, build your motor and transmission, get a 6262, and dominate at the track. There is a local Ralliart with an FP-Red (he can post if he wants to). I rode in the car with him when his car walked away from a boosted SC300 (at the track). You should have seen the look on his face. Priceless.
Including modifications in this debate is pointless, in my opinion. Sure, you can modify the RA, but you can modify the EVO too. If you're using the classic "with the difference in money that you save" argument, you must first consider that, if this question is being asked, the person is likely financing the car. That means, there is no "difference in money" that can be used for these modifications. The question is not: "If I have an extra $5,000 to $10,000 in my pocket, is it better to buy an RA or an EVO?"

Having owned both, I can say that, without question, the EVO is worth every penny of the difference in price. The reason to get the RA is if you can't afford the EVO or you can't afford the MR and you have another driver (e.g., a wife) who also wants to use it as a daily driver. If you drive for the experience (and don't need to account for anyone else), the GSR is the car to get.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
Including modifications in this debate is pointless, in my opinion. Sure, you can modify the RA, but you can modify the EVO too. If you're using the classic "with the difference in money that you save" argument, you must first consider that, if this question is being asked, the person is likely financing the car. That means, there is no "difference in money" that can be used for these modifications. The question is not: "If I have an extra $5,000 to $10,000 in my pocket, is it better to buy an RA or an EVO?"

Having owned both, I can say that, without question, the EVO is worth every penny of the difference in price. The reason to get the RA is if you can't afford the EVO or you can't afford the MR and you have another driver (e.g., a wife) who also wants to use it as a daily driver. If you drive for the experience (and don't need to account for anyone else), the GSR is the car to get.
Like I said before. Dive both cars and pick what u like and what comfortable for ur wallet. They both feel different I. The way they drive for many reasons. Some people want truck space, while other don't care for that. Some people want a sports back, while other don't care for that. Some people want to pay 5-10k less and used that money to mod the car while others don't care for that. Some people want a car made for the track while others want a car made as a daily driver. Drive both cars widths ur family unless ur single. Then choose which one fits best for what u want to do with the car.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
Including modifications in this debate is pointless, in my opinion. Sure, you can modify the RA, but you can modify the EVO too. If you're using the classic "with the difference in money that you save" argument, you must first consider that, if this question is being asked, the person is likely financing the car.
The RA has a stronger rear end. If all you care about is drag racing, get the RA. At no point did I argue what you are alluding to.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:31 AM

Im the ralliart NFSLancerRA is talking with the fp red, this video was a made a couple weeks after I installed the fp red
. with the stock turbo the ralliart is a perfect 1/8 bracket car, I could make 15-20 passes in row no cooling down and have the time vary by .2-.3. I have done the same 15-20 in the 1/4 mile and the time vary from 12.9-13.1-13.3, . Once you figure how to launch the car correctly it be comes consistent and competitive. I switched to a fp red to have more fun on the highway.

Last edited by Rahtid; Jul 19, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:10 AM

Lagdogboy dont put youre foot in youre mouth, you just said interms of financing theres no difference between price then said people get a ralliart because they cant afford an evo well id rather get a ralliart i like them more. Last i checked it wass 22. Dollars per thousand financed and considering base line to base line or loaded to loaded theres aroind a 10,000 dollar difference the only factory upgrades id probably be getting would be the recaros (because they belong with the lancer) instead of leather trim and maybe a nav unit because the regular dash gives you no room to add a aftermarket double din without having youre dash hacked to ****, you dont have to get full factory packadges either you can have the dealer put in things and swap youre trunk for one from a n/a lancer if you dont like the wing look, either way price for price youre saving a considerable amount of money you could be using to upgrade like one month the money you dont pay for an evo can be cold air intake the next start piecing youre exhaust togeather. Even in terms of financing youll save money on what you pay per month on the car payment. All you paid for is a huge markup for factory performance parts when there.are better ones out there cheaper,
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

The RA has a stronger rear end. If all you care about is drag racing, get the RA. At no point did I argue what you are alluding to.
Yet, the rest of its drivetrain is weaker... and we are talking about AWD here.

Save your money, build your motor and transmission, get a 6262, and dominate at the track.
It sounded to me like you were saying, "Save your money [buying an RA] and modify it to be faster than the EVO." My mistake for misunderstanding your point.