Notices

How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone else using the ur uicp have trouble getting the plastic piece back on that covers the ic and rad?
Old May 6, 2011, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RalliMark
Does anyone else using the ur uicp have trouble getting the plastic piece back on that covers the ic and rad?
it should go on easily with a tiny gap sticking up, most likely u didnt push the uicp down onto the fmic far enough which is what happened to me the first time when the plastic didnt fit.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know I think its pretty much down as far as it goes.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:56 PM

good write up, ganna be attempting soon
Old May 11, 2011, 02:11 PM

Rallimark, I and a couple other people have had to file or cut a little bit of that plastic piece. you should see or feel a small lip on the under side and that can be filed down to make it sit flush again.
Old May 11, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

yup, had a little bit of a problem with that. I ended up shaving all the plastic ribbing off the radiator panel to be able to get it to fit back on without struggling. HOWEVER, even after I did that the elbow was still too tall and caused the right front edge of my hood to sit a tad high. Not high enough to be noticed by passers by, but I knew it was higher and if you ran your finger across the weather stripping between the hood and bumper cover you could tell the difference between left and right...

Originally Posted by crrowley12
Rallimark, I and a couple other people have had to file or cut a little bit of that plastic piece. you should see or feel a small lip on the under side and that can be filed down to make it sit flush again.
Yup, I did that w/ mine. Though, I used a utility knife/box cutter to shave down all the ribbing in that area...

Originally Posted by total0wnage
it should go on easily with a tiny gap sticking up, most likely u didnt push the uicp down onto the fmic far enough which is what happened to me the first time when the plastic didnt fit.
Even with the UICP elbow fully seated against the EvoX FMIC in my car it was still "too high" to allow my hood to fit properly. I ended up shaving off about 1/8" from the the bottom part of my UR UICP elbow (just the straight section below the bead). Once I did that, I was finally able to close my hood and have it sit evenly all the way across the front like it should.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Out of curiosity, I have a question:

Those of you with the UR UICP and an EvoX FMIC with NO fitment problems, did you install the EvoX FMIC using side hangers AND the two bottom bolts? Or did you only use the side hangers W/O the 2 bottom bolts when you installed your EvoX FMIC?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure i used the two bolts for mine. Forgive me it's been a year at least.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:13 AM

I used both the side hangers and the 2 bolts.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:45 AM

I also used the hangers with both bolts. Everything went together very easily and fits perfect. The licp was actually a lot easier to remove than what I had heard people on here were saying.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:48 AM

Oh yeah and there were no fitment issues with the radiator cover not sitting flush. I had that issue before I switched to the evox fmic but now that the swap is done everything fits like it should. So I am assuming that if there is a gap, then you most likely need to push the piping down further.
Old May 15, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, you would think so, and I would think that as well if I didn't have the problem. However, with my car and the UR UICP that I received, even with the UICP pushed down so far that it makes full contact with the EvoX FMIC the elbow still sat too high. I actually had to trim 1/8" from the FMIC end of my UR UICP (in addition to shaving the ribs on the back side of the panel) in order to make it short enough to allow everything to fit properly.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:16 PM

is the evo x fmic direct fit to the ra stock licp or do i need a coupler?
Old May 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

U need a coupler because the stock ic has a smaller opening then the x.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:55 PM

U need a coupler because the stock ic has a smaller opening then the x.
wat size?

Quick Reply: How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler