Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Stock turbo, trap speeds?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks man!!!

I replaced my DV with a Synapse.. Went from 398/380 to 413/425.

I wonder if this would affect my time?

And as for shifting into 5th, i NLTS every gear including 5th.. And i'm on completely stock valve train including stock cams. So shifting into 5th even if i NLTS will slow down my trap speed?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mrm95
Thanks man!!!

I replaced my DV with a Synapse.. Went from 398/380 to 413/425.

I wonder if this would affect my time?

And as for shifting into 5th, i NLTS every gear including 5th.. And i'm on completely stock valve train including stock cams. So shifting into 5th even if i NLTS will slow down my trap speed?
Nice gain and every little bit helps for sure. I was at the point I was trying to squeeze 5 more hp and 5 less pounds You absolutely can not make that 5th gear shift if your looking for an awesome run. I think it takes about an extra 500-800 rpm to get through the traps at the end from stock. Can't quite remember. Depends on tire size etc. too. And the quicker the shifts the quicker you get through them so even more so you'll have to make the 5th gear shift if you nlts All my times are with lifting to shift believe it or not. So don't destroy the Trans, clutch etc with a possibility of a mis shift. If you have the nlts patch in the ecu and have a good good set up by then all means go for it. I don't like the risk but you are gonna have to get a fix for no shift to 5th. It's a killer on the mph. I will always tell someone to build the set up and would recommend upgrades. But I can also say from first hand experience there is extra room for more rpm limit and an occasional romp down the strip using that extra rpm never hurt me on my stock evo's. That being said you need to look at long term. If you have the bug and are going to be racing it just do the upgrades. It's alot cheaper than breaking stuff. So be happy with what you have and don't worry about that extra 2-3-10 mph or whatever it ends up being and enjoy it. Or take the proper steps. I always did spring, retainers, and cams at one time. All my cars had cams. Hope this kind of helps.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jan 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Nice gain and every little bit helps for sure. I was at the point I was trying to squeeze 5 more hp and 5 less pounds You absolutely can not make that 5th gear shift if your looking for an awesome run. I think it takes about an extra 500-800 rpm to get through the traps at the end from stock. Can't quite remember. Depends on tire size etc. too. And the quicker the shifts the quicker you get through them so even more so you'll have to make the 5th gear shift if you nlts All my times are with lifting to shift believe it or not. So don't destroy the Trans, clutch etc with a possibility of a mis shift. If you have the nlts patch in the ecu and have a good good set up by then all means go for it. I don't like the risk but you are gonna have to get a fix for no shift to 5th. It's a killer on the mph. I will always tell someone to build the set up and would recommend upgrades. But I can also say from first hand experience there is extra room for more rpm limit and an occasional romp down the strip using that extra rpm never hurt me on my stock evo's. That being said you need to look at long term. If you have the bug and are going to be racing it just do the upgrades. It's alot cheaper than breaking stuff. So be happy with what you have and don't worry about that extra 2-3-10 mph or whatever it ends up being and enjoy it. Or take the proper steps. I always did spring, retainers, and cams at one time. All my cars had cams. Hope this kind of helps.
I gotcha. And i feel like 11.5 is pretty good for stock turbo and longblock still. I would go back and see if i could go a little faster but .2 or so of a second isn't too much of a big deal to me. Im planning on picking up a FP 71HTA soon.. im interested to see what i'd do with that and what my trap speeds could be
Old Jan 7, 2015, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just get an fp red if you're gonna do it lol
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
STOCK TURBO 10.21/133 468WHP Bone Stock IX Turbo

So many variables to trap speed. Weight, power, set up, gear ratios, elevation, etc etc. my car was purpose built but only reason I'm posting is to show there is quite a bit of potential.
is that E85 or E98 you were running? I saw your video says you had a built buschur head and block, what were you revving it too when you ran the 10.2X ?? How much boost were you running? oh, and also what was the weight w/ driver?

Super Badass!!! Thanks for any info
Old Jan 15, 2015, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I gotcha. And i feel like 11.5 is pretty good for stock turbo and longblock still. I would go back and see if i could go a little faster but .2 or so of a second isn't too much of a big deal to me. Im planning on picking up a FP 71HTA soon.. im interested to see what i'd do with that and what my trap speeds could be
I was able to squeeze out an 11.3@119mph on stock turbo/stock longblock @390whp dynojet. You appear to be right there as well. What tire size are you running?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Well i just bought an Exedy Twin HD to replace my ****ty ACT street disc. so hopefully once i break this clutch in i can pull some 1.7-1.8 60' times and get well into the 11's.
Let us know how long that Exedy HD lasts, I bet you won't get much more than 30K from it. What didn't you like from ACT?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Back from the dead, I’m at 306 whp and 324 lbs on a mustang dyno, 2013 gsr