Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Correction Factors the same as bench racing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope Scott can make it to the DSM shootout. This year is going to be nuts!

-Em
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downhill track? Really? That's called perspective. All tracks that have that end like that are going to appear optically downhill.

Sacramento raceway looks like that as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vaJhFy9pg

So does Vegas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSDheSGKms

Seriously, pure comedy.

- Bryan

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Jan 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Are you seriously dumb enough to believe someone would build a downhill drag strip? Did it ever occur to you that its flat but goes up at the end?

All of these cars in discussion have duplicated the same ET / MPH if not ran better at www.summitmotorsportspark.com

I guess you're going to say the best drag strip in the country is downhill too right?
Dumb enough, no. Build it downhill? Yes. In some geographic locations, the cost of leveling the ground can be too costly to warrant the investment to properly grade it.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Downhill race track Its flat but goes up at the end.So it looks like its going downhill.Three tracks ive raced at that are like that bristol is one and cecil county dragway actually goes down at end then back up and a sharp right.Bandimere has a severe hill.Hey its in Denver.

Last edited by Gordian79; Jan 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Wow am i seriously reading this right now, down hill tracks
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gordian79
Downhill race track Its flat but goes up at the end.So it looks like its going downhill.Three tracks ive race at that are like bristol is one and cecil county dragway actually goes down at end then back up and a sharp right.Bandimere has a severe hill.Hey its in Denver.
I raced at Bandimere also and it does have an incline, it is easier to slow down going up hill rather than downhill...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Dumb enough, no. Build it downhill? Yes. In some geographic locations, the cost of leveling the ground can be too costly to warrant the investment to properly grade it.
Yeah, but the problem is, you took it a step further and said "and that's why Buschur is making the times he is".

It's one thing for me, Hotdog, a guy in Ohio, to think "Hmmm, that track looks like it's down hill", but it's mildly more amusing for a competing shop, in one of the most tumulount times in EvoM history, to, even off handedly, suggest that Buschur's records are held not by mastery of engineering, skill, and beauty of Jarrod, but rather by a slanted track.

The epicness of you using your trademarked coloring of the question itself, frankly, made me choke on my cola. You owe me Pepsi, and a Heimlich maneuver for almost choking.

I don't even drag race; I have no desire to do so. I have no horse in the "lol 1/4 mile" race. But the entire premise, the belief, of a slanted track attributing to their numbers, is... it's stunning.

I mean, **** yo, you even went as far as to postulate about how many MPH the "slanted track" might be attributing.

Is it worth 3.5mph? 6mph? More or less? Does it reduce your E.T.?
Epic.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasnm21
I raced at Bandimere also and it does have an incline, it is easier to slow down going up hill rather than downhill...
Yep much easier to slow down.The story about the hill from the locals is that there was a lot of rock at the shut down area and it would delay the project by 2 years or something like that.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

"Mr. Madison(TTP), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hotdog
Yeah, but the problem is, you took it a step further and said "and that's why Buschur is making the times he is".

It's one thing for me, Hotdog, a guy in Ohio, to think "Hmmm, that track looks like it's down hill", but it's mildly more amusing for a competing shop, in one of the most tumulount times in EvoM history, to, even off handedly, suggest that Buschur's records are held not by mastery of engineering, skill, and beauty of Jarrod, but rather by a slanted track.

Epic.
I cannot argue with the beauty of Jarrod contributing to the results.

Seems just as amusing that a competing shop, in one of the most tumulount times in EvoM history, to, even off handedly, suggest that TTP's Dyno results are held not by mastery of engineering, skill, and beauty of Veronica, but rather by a non-factory calibrated dyno which has never been changed from factory setting of 2152.92lbs roller weight.

When I visit Ohio and check out the downhill track and prove myself wrong, I will owe David an apology. Just the same, he is welcome to come take his shopcar here and when it is close to his output as measured on his dyno, he will owe us an apology.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lucas English

When you are at high elevations you can run more boost and timing on the same oct fuel with out Detonation. I see lots of guys in the Colorado area that make 50-100hp off correction factor. So the question would be will that car make the same power at sea level maybe ?.
Not gonna lie, I got to page 3 and was tired of the back and forth.

I only have one question.. and I'm not trying to argue, but why do you say we can run more boost and timing here? We lack air.. very very badly. In fact, most friends who have come to visit for only a weekend are miserable since they are generally hit with altitude sickness so quickly from LACK of oxygen!

So how is it that we can run higher boost? Just curious!

Not to mention we have absolutely terrible gas here.. even with me running E-85/E70 I am still knocking (not rich/lean knock either..).
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by saytheb
Not gonna lie, I got to page 3 and was tired of the back and forth.

I only have one question.. and I'm not trying to argue, but why do you say we can run more boost and timing here? We lack air.. very very badly. In fact, most friends who have come to visit for only a weekend are miserable since they are generally hit with altitude sickness so quickly from LACK of oxygen!

So how is it that we can run higher boost? Just curious!

Not to mention we have absolutely terrible gas here.. even with me running E-85/E70 I am still knocking (not rich/lean knock either..).
If you are having knock on the stock ECU with e-85, you really need to check your tune.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You do realize that Ohio is flat land right?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
we estimated 13% between ours and daves.. We made 921whp on our dyno and drove up to daves and dyno'd 800whp.. I dont think it can get much clearer when you dyno a car on 2 different dynos.. No bench testing there..

Mike

Sorry I have to pick on you but you are a buschur nut swinger and sometimes it makes you look stupid. explain to me again how you come up with 13% and call it a day? use the following threads for referance.

"the end all comparisons between two dynos" auther davidbuschur
"903 whp/624 ft lbs AND 460 whp/532 ft lbs Buschur Racing meets the Dynojet" auther davidbuschur

readers digest info.
actual comparions from daves mustang to switzers dynojet with same cars.
car 1 22% difference
car 2 11% difference
car 3 19% difference
car 4 13% difference (your dynojet)

I am sure ther are many othyers falling everywhere in between the 11-22% range. I care not to find the examples.

actually the tested fact that one car made 22% difference and another made 11% difference makes everybody in this thread look stupid.

how many more stupid dyno thread discussions will there be?

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jan 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:21 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Yet another thread closed because a small number of people can't resist pointless segues. I swear we could have a thread about wheel torque specs and someone would bring up TTP's dyno.