Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

CarPuter Install

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey op, whats this skin called?

i tried the digitalfx but its bugged. i dont want that stuff messing up the carpc. good thing i had an anti virus on the laptop when i tested it with riderunner
Old May 11, 2010, 08:24 AM

damn im jelous looks sick..
Old May 13, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

I got good sleep last night so I'll take the time to answer your questions one at a time here:

So to be sure as far as your audio, you just left the plug for the wiring harness where you'd plug in your radio just unplugged and just had an amp wired from the computer, then to the speakers?

Sort of, the custom harness I made actually ran the wires from the amp I used back to the speakers THROUGH the stock radio connector. To get one of these connectors go to Best Buy, Fry's, or another electronics store. The one I used was made by Soche, and it comes with a wiring diagram.

As far as the screen, is the link I pasted in the message, the same screen you have? Also I know you said you glued your screen to the bezel, but did you do anything to attach it to the car itself?

Yes - that's the same screen, I dissasembled the screen, then epoxied it to the back of the JDM trim bezel. The JDM trim bezel snaps into place on the dash and that's what I rely on to keep everything together, the snaps. Works like factory.

Now finally, the software. Let me first start by saying that I'm not program savvy. I know I read that the riderunner is made so you custom program it yourself. Since I don't know how to program squat, what do you think I should do as far as software goes? Also I saw a screenshot with some gauges showing boost, afr, iat's, etc. Would that be possible to do the same gauges with AEM?

Ride runner is more skinning, scripting and configuring. You don't need to know programming at all (references, loops, objects, don't need to know any of that). If you have done some HTML before, and understand XML you are good.

As far as the AEM goes I had one about 8y ago when they first came out, I had one of the original DSM ones and I remember very little from it. However I do remember it had a serial connection (and later a USB connection) that allowed you to datalog the ECM. I never played with it but I believe there was a dashboard software for it too from AEM. If there is then you can embed it in ride runner.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm pretty determined to get a Carputer going for my car. I really appreciate you getting back to me and taking some of your time to help out a fellow evo member.

No problem, I will post this up in my thread so everyone can share in the information too.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Can't remember the skin name...I'll look it up and get back to everyone.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good. Now all you're missing is voice recognition.

l8r)
Old May 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Teknik-X is the base skin
Old May 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

cool. ill try it out.

im using the carwings skin. the rr had this as a default skin. i tried the digitalfx4.0 or something but it had some bugs in it.