Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

LED Brakelights stay lit with ignition on

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Brakelights stay lit with ignition on

So I've tried multiple 7443 LED bulbs from different vendors and they all suffer the same thing. The tail/brake lights are dimly lit with the motor running with the lights off. They otherwise work normally. I measured the voltage in the circuit with the motor running (lights off) to be 2.9-3 volts which is enough to partially light an LED bulb but not an incandescent bulb. Any suggestions to make the LED bulbs work?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm have small LED lit on rear spoiler. But I'm ignored it till AYC ECU not started to show error "61 Stop Lamp Switch".
AYC ECU also show what brake pedal is always pressed, so it's about small voltage at input. Tried to disconnect brake pedal switch and plug under rear sit - no effect. And funny thing - disconnecting AYC is turning off LED lit on rear spoiler, ha.
Also tried to replace AYC ECU - no changes.

So, haven't time to search where it can get some connection with 12V or something. But solved AYC DTC by connecting 3-4kOhm resistor to ground and brake pedal switch input. AYC now can normally see brake pedal switch position.

Last edited by Lion_Sam; Dec 4, 2013 at 04:45 PM.