Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: RPM raise between shifts?
YES --- Modified ECM (includes all after market EMS and piggyback and flash ECU)
30.49%
YES --- Modified clutch (all aftermarket clutch)
23.28%
YES --- Modifed MAF (convert to speed density)
5.90%
YES --- Modifed BOV (all after market BOV now or tried before)
29.84%
Yes --- All stock on above parts
31.15%
Not at all (includes stock or modified)
24.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

RPM raise between shifts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
Well, we tested the extra spring idea and it seam to have cured my problems 100% I’m not sure if all people reporting similar problems have the exact same problem. In my case at least, this seam to have to do with the stock spring not being powerful enough to close the throttle fast enough. I’m boosting around 26-27psi with my 3071 and that seam to be too much for the spring to handle. I’m not saying that this could fix the problem for anybody else but it sure fixed it for me. I took some pictures on my installation, I’m sure it’s possible to make a nicer and stealthier installation but this was thought of as a temporary test BTW, that “flying saucer” looking thing is the Motec ALS throttle kicker, it’s actually just a vacuum bell that kicks the throttle open at the flip of a switch to provide enough air to have an effective anti lag.
that looks ghetto as hell, but this is the solution for me. I am trying to find a more stock looking way of integrating the spring in though.

all the posts in here a mostly conjectures and theories, you actually solved the problem.

just wish it didnt look so Bangkok. maybe I can redo the tension some other way?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by compscibOi
bump... rpm shoots up doesn't rise....
extra spring on throttle
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:48 PM

For anyone in NZ experiencing this problem, I recommend you take your Evo to Andre at Speedtech. He has effectively eliminated this problem from my Evo 9 by playing with the idle settings within the factory ECU. I get no more throttle hand and it also idles better and warms up at lower revs too.

For anyone outside NZ, I would recommend you get a tuner you trust to take a look at and/or play with the idle speed settings and see if that fixes the problem.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deft-one
For anyone in NZ experiencing this problem, I recommend you take your Evo to Andre at Speedtech. He has effectively eliminated this problem from my Evo 9 by playing with the idle settings within the factory ECU. I get no more throttle hand and it also idles better and warms up at lower revs too.

For anyone outside NZ, I would recommend you get a tuner you trust to take a look at and/or play with the idle speed settings and see if that fixes the problem.
can you post your settings please, i want to look into this
Old Jul 8, 2016, 08:36 AM

Hi guys! i red about this thread, and i have the same isseu, shift around 5000k rpm shoot up to red line, when clutch is pres, did any body fix prembem? Iknow this is old pose, mybe i can get some info, thanks