Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GT4094R, nobody has tried it on a evo yet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nos51
aem ems,we are running about 11.2-11.5 afr,timing i would have to look at the map but it is not very high.i believe at like 39 psi it is running like 4-5 degrees of timing.i am not sure on this though so dont qoute me on it.this is on torco 118
I run Torco 118NOS and have found that the cars generally like higher timing numbers with it to make the power. You should be able to run SOMEWHERE in the neighborhood of 15-19* up top.

If you are really only running 5* of timing then you may be shocked at what the hp difference would be. Do you have an EGT setup? I would be a little scared to know what the EGTs are at with so much boost and so little timing.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nos51
another thing is we could not get the turbo to build boost past 40 psi no matter what.i tried a manuel boost controler and i even unplugged the vacum line to the wastegate to see how high it would go.it will not go past 40psi.so i think either i have a boost leak or maybe the turbo cant build past 40 psi which i doubt.
very interesting. from what you're saying i doubt its a boost leak.. post the dyno plot when you get home, ill go into more detail later tonite
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
You should be able to run SOMEWHERE in the neighborhood of 15-19* up top. If you are really only running 5* of timing then you may be shocked at what the hp difference would be. Do you have an EGT setup? I would be a little scared to know what the EGTs are at with so much boost and so little timing.
^^^ what he said
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
I run Torco 118NOS and have found that the cars generally like higher timing numbers with it to make the power. You should be able to run SOMEWHERE in the neighborhood of 15-19* up top.

If you are really only running 5* of timing then you may be shocked at what the hp difference would be. Do you have an EGT setup? I would be a little scared to know what the EGTs are at with so much boost and so little timing.
yea that is true but again i am not sure of the timing values off the top of my head since i didnt tune the car.i would have to look at the map when i get home.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Whatever the .85 A/R TS hotside delivered, the 1.06 should do better, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The stock head is likely somewhat of a limiting factor, but I can't say to what extent. Logic implies that the greater the power potential, the more significant a limiting factor it would be.

I agree that the turbo isn't the problem. There is something else amiss. A pressure test is always a good first order of business.

What WG spring set are you using?

I agree that with only 5* of ignition advance, there is either power left on the table, or, if preignition was encountered near that point, there is something amiss that is aggravating the knock threshold. Again, make a pressure test to verify that you don't have a leak.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ted B
Whatever the .85 A/R TS hotside delivered, the 1.06 should do better, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The stock head is likely somewhat of a limiting factor, but I can't say to what extent. Logic implies that the greater the power potential, the more significant a limiting factor it would be.

I agree that the turbo isn't the problem. There is something else amiss. A pressure test is always a good first order of business.

What WG spring set are you using?

I agree that with only 5* of ignition advance, there is either power left on the table, or, if preignition was encountered near that point, there is something amiss that is aggravating the knock threshold. Again, make a pressure test to verify that you don't have a leak.
i am using a 19psi spring or springs rather.i am going to pressure test it but now that i think about it if i am correct on the timing which i think i am it would explain alot of things.i know my tuner was very conservitive.def power to gain there.i remeber on my old k20 turbo teg 2* of timing would give it like 30hp,but it was a 11.1 compression motor also.

you guys are a huge help,thats why i love evo m!!!
Old Sep 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Saw this video testing a FP GT4094 produced 760whp 536tq. Its really hard to see the dyno graph, but it is posted.

Anyone know how much boost this evo was running?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...90000a3c71.htm

Last edited by electricevo; Sep 3, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:25 PM

I just dynoed 629/490 on the GT4088R (.95 A/R) on E85 Pump Gas at 25 PSI last weekend.

It will do 700-725whp on C16, however I am not trying to max out this setup.

I have decided to go to a GT42 or GT45R, as I plan to drag race the car next year.

I paid $1800 for it back in June, and will take $1400 for it as it sits. It has approximately 500 miles on it, and is in perfect shape.