Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS racing suction intake.. thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by importjake00
Thats what I was thinking. Change it every other oil change. Along with the other things. Thanks for the reply.

About the Extreme psi intake.. does anyone have this? review?
wow, that looks exactly like the HKS RS

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...0VIII%20&%20IX
Old Sep 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Don't mess around - change the filter at every oil change. Takes 15 minutes to put a new foam filter in, then go on your way worry free.

I'm very happy with my HKS RS filter and YES you need to retune for it - it WILL make you lean out a little (at least that's what my datalogs showed).

I also had the Kansai airbox - piece of junk, big waste of money for what it is. I'd recommend running some simple dryer vent style hosing up from the inlet in the lower front bumper to where the filter element is is you want cold air.

The Kansai airbox is nicely made but it doesn't fit with the RS filter kit - you have to cut the back of the Kansai box to fit the MAF through it which kindof defeats the whole purpose. Also, the Kansai airbox has issues clearing aftermarket intercooler piping. Plus it hits the underside of the hood when closed.

Anyhow, I give the RS intake two thumbs up - just keep a small stockpile of replacement filters, keep them fresh and you won't have any worries.

I've seen a bunch of guys with filters that filter "better" than the more free flowing HKS RS filter but the majority of the guys with the thicker filters seem to NEVER change them beyond a quick go over with compressed air once in awhile - I'd rather have a freer flowing system that's simple well maintained personally.

Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
All I want to know is how the HKS RS intake works in conjuction with the FP Red turbo at high boost. Answer that one
Old Sep 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

it sounds nice, i'll give you that.

but replacing the filter every 5k is ridiculous especially with other intake solutions have been proven to be just fine for *those power levels* (cough, stock airbox w/ drop-in, cough)