Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 01:59 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
FWIW I'm not arguing my car would be faster or handle better without ACD. I understand technology helps. A friend of mine and I were bench racing about how much faster we would be with paddle shifters instead of manual...
PDK, ACD, AYC, ABS, etc, etc... faster, yeah. I just prefer to not have it. I would make an exception for ABS on a street-driven car.
If I were racing for points, etc that would be different.
That being said... Not sure I could say no to a proper sequential transmission in the Evo
Old Jul 11, 2017, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I have a bunch of cars running my ACD 6 maps with very good success. Return customers are $100 + shipping and new customers $165 shipped.

Contact me via PM or tscompusa@gmail.com
Old Jul 15, 2017, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am aware of ER reflash but what others are out there that are proven to work?

Has anyone run the reflash without the rear diff restack or upgrade?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 03:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Mine works good. I can bring in about 20 people who will review it if i ask them to. It also comes with 6 maps and its as good or equal/better then anything else out there.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff_Jeske (Jul 18, 2017)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 06:53 AM
kaj

Tom did mine. IMO, it's s necessary upgrade. There is no downside, only up, and you are doing yourself a great disservice by not having it tuned. No matter what the rest of your setup is, it's going to help.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Jul 17, 2017)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
So I just got my ACD tuned from TSCOMPTUNED. Since I had to send the acd ecu in, I drove with no ACD for a little over a week. I noticed right away once I installed it from regular driving. I don't know if it's a placebo affect or what but turn in just felt better.

I was able to try it out this past weekend at autocross(suspension mods down below). I had the event chairman(very excellent driver)drive my car the first run group and I drove the 2nd run group. This course was a little sandy. I had him try the car out in tarmac mode. He liked the feeling of tarmac mode, he enjoyed the cars setup overall. On the third run, I had him run it on tarmac_gravel mode(new tuned mode). After the run on the new mode, he said it felt different, just better, less understeer. He ran this for another 3 runs and got FTD(Fastest Time of the Day in the whole event!). Had him switch it to Tarmac_Snow(per Toms description it makes the car more tail happy and less understeer. He tried it for two runs, said it felt like he actually got a slight bit more understeer and didn't get tail happy(maybe because sandy course, who knows but I'll have to try it on a better surface road in the future). He preferred the tarmac_gravel mode more so he finished the rest of his runs at that mode.

I ran in the next run group and stayed in Tarmac_gravel the whole time. Out of the gate on the first run, the car felt different. It took me a couple of runs to get use to the feeling. Kinda like when I went from Summer tires to extreme summer tires, I wasn't use to the feeling and turn in responsiveness. I never ran at this course before and it was a little slippery with the dirt it had but I ended up getting 3rd fastest time of day. I have never been in the top 3 or top 5. I'm usually around 6-10th fastest and that's on a clean course I am use to that has more grip.

So from what I can tell at the moment, the turn in was improved. Now how much? I couldn't tell you but it was better than it was before. Event chairman(co driver) saw a positive in the tune as well, def better feeling than regular tarmac mode. So in the end, the acd ecu tune did improve the car. How much time does it knock off lets say a minute autocross course? Not sure, I will need to get a nice chunk of events under my belt before I can answer that. But I can say is that my car got FTD and I myself got third fastest time of day and I have never done either of those. I can't wait to try it on some slaloms!

Here is a video run of co driver getting FTD.

Engine
Just bolt on's and a tune, 340whp(that dyno was done like 6 years ago so maybe it has dropped some?).

Suspension
Tires - Falken Azenis 615k+
Kyb stock struts on Swift Sports Springs.
Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment kit.
Whiteline trailing arm bushings.
Rear diff restacked.
Alignment -2.5 front and -1.5 rears.

Last edited by CaptainSquirts; Jul 17, 2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 02:24 PM
kaj

I swapped out my OEM ECU for the tuned one and noticed an instantaneous difference.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
https://www.full-race.com/store/fabr...-controller-1/
Old Aug 1, 2017, 09:34 AM
kaj

I read up on that, once. The auto mode had me curious.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tactrix capability

Anyone know if theres any ability to use this cable for tuning? Looks like theres several diagnostic functions but Ive never been able to get them to work
Old Feb 15, 2018, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
So I just got my ACD tuned from TSCOMPTUNED. Since I had to send the acd ecu in, I drove with no ACD for a little over a week. I noticed right away once I installed it from regular driving. I don't know if it's a placebo affect or what but turn in just felt better.

I was able to try it out this past weekend at autocross(suspension mods down below). I had the event chairman(very excellent driver)drive my car the first run group and I drove the 2nd run group. This course was a little sandy. I had him try the car out in tarmac mode. He liked the feeling of tarmac mode, he enjoyed the cars setup overall. On the third run, I had him run it on tarmac_gravel mode(new tuned mode). After the run on the new mode, he said it felt different, just better, less understeer. He ran this for another 3 runs and got FTD(Fastest Time of the Day in the whole event!). Had him switch it to Tarmac_Snow(per Toms description it makes the car more tail happy and less understeer. He tried it for two runs, said it felt like he actually got a slight bit more understeer and didn't get tail happy(maybe because sandy course, who knows but I'll have to try it on a better surface road in the future). He preferred the tarmac_gravel mode more so he finished the rest of his runs at that mode.

I ran in the next run group and stayed in Tarmac_gravel the whole time. Out of the gate on the first run, the car felt different. It took me a couple of runs to get use to the feeling. Kinda like when I went from Summer tires to extreme summer tires, I wasn't use to the feeling and turn in responsiveness. I never ran at this course before and it was a little slippery with the dirt it had but I ended up getting 3rd fastest time of day. I have never been in the top 3 or top 5. I'm usually around 6-10th fastest and that's on a clean course I am use to that has more grip.

So from what I can tell at the moment, the turn in was improved. Now how much? I couldn't tell you but it was better than it was before. Event chairman(co driver) saw a positive in the tune as well, def better feeling than regular tarmac mode. So in the end, the acd ecu tune did improve the car. How much time does it knock off lets say a minute autocross course? Not sure, I will need to get a nice chunk of events under my belt before I can answer that. But I can say is that my car got FTD and I myself got third fastest time of day and I have never done either of those. I can't wait to try it on some slaloms!

Here is a video run of co driver getting FTD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4yp0Y1hlY8

Engine
Just bolt on's and a tune, 340whp(that dyno was done like 6 years ago so maybe it has dropped some?).

Suspension
Tires - Falken Azenis 615k+
Kyb stock struts on Swift Sports Springs.
Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment kit.
Whiteline trailing arm bushings.
Rear diff restacked.
Alignment -2.5 front and -1.5 rears.
what club is this? that course looked painful. curious how you like the 615k+... have you ever been on re71rs?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:21 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by kyoo
what club is this? that course looked painful. curious how you like the 615k+... have you ever been on re71rs?
If they did that well on Falkens, could you imagine being on BStones?!
Weeeeee!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
If they did that well on Falkens, could you imagine being on BStones?!
Weeeeee!
Nope, never used the 71's. Car is my DD and I dont own a second set of wheels so I needed something that would last more than 6 months. Getting some R-S4's soon for the better wear.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
^ will be curious on your thoughts when you switch

for my second set which will be track, debating also getting 615k+ vs rs4s. i heard a lot of people prefer the 615k+ for track
Old Feb 16, 2018, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, I would think the rs4's would be the preferred track tire since it needs a slight warm up and wears like iron. The 615k+ is supposed to be the same compound as the star spec z2's from what I've read. 615k's worked pretty darn well from the get go and never felt too greasy after a bunch of autox runs.

Quick Reply: ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!