Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Warrenty Questions...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2003, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrenty Questions...

i was wondering what kind of issues people are having with the factory warrenty? i am looking to add upgrades such as the Buscher stage 2 or 3 to my car and was wondering if it is worth losing my warrenty? mostly all of the members on this forum have upgrades and i was wondering if you guys voided your warrenty? if so is it worth it? has anyone had any problems with the engine? also does it matter if i add these before the break in period or after? please include any helpful information. thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2003, 03:48 PM

did you try searching around yet?
Old Nov 3, 2003, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Your question will generally get you the same response with any manufacturer.

Anything you add to a vehicle will, obviously, void the warranty for that part, since you have replaced it!

Adding more power to the engine could cause a voiding of your warranty also. Say your differential blows out after you've added 50whp to your car. I'm guessing that the manufacturer isn't going to warranty this part because you have thrown an extra load onto it, irregardless that you probably never touched the differential or anything related to it.

It can really come down to you proving to the dealership you take your warranty claim to that your aftermarket parts didn't cause whatever broke to break.

Some dealerships may work with you more than others.

It also should be noted, that Mitsubishi generally is not covering any clutch failures, whether you think it's your fault or not.

From what I've read about these engines, you should not have any problem modding your car safely up to 300-330whp. After that you're probably on your own.

As to whether or not modding is the thing to do...well, that's up to the individual. I personally will do some light modding, but that's it. Some others will do extensive modding, some will not mod at all. It's personal preference, and included in that is how much you really want to push your car to it's limits!