Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Dual port wastegate actuator?

Is the "lower" side sealed to the rod?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efr are great turbos. my buddy has one of fullraces efr turbos for the si. and that thing is sweet. geoff and full race leading the way in making power
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:57 PM

This thread is turning into a TV show. Lots of suspense when I see a new post, only to be disappointed and left with more suspense........
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo MR IX Fritz
efr are great turbos. my buddy has one of fullraces efr turbos for the si. and that thing is sweet. geoff and full race leading the way in making power
No offense but, could care less what it will do on a 240, civic, supra, rx-7 or spaceship. I'd like to see it compared to its competition on a evo

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Aug 22, 2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Efr

Are these kits out yet? Are there any numbers. I'm interested.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
No offense but, could care less what it will do on a 240, civic, supra, rx-7 or spaceship. I'd like to see it compared to its competition
while there may not be any data that ur looking for atm read this in the mean time. http://www.full-race.com/articles/efrturbotechbrief.pdf
lots of info about the efr line
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

at least this thread gets updated somewhat
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo MR IX Fritz
while there may not be any data that ur looking for atm read this in the mean time. http://www.full-race.com/articles/efrturbotechbrief.pdf
lots of info about the efr line
This thread has been around since January. I think it's safe to say we've all seen read the tech briefs a time or two by now.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Haven't been back to the shop since Fri afternoon and to my knowledge the new spring has not shown up yet (unless it did today i don't know as i'm at my reg job) so no new info.

FWIW - We have nothing to benefit from this testing besides providing some info for those interested so we don't have any reason to rush things as we have paying customer's to take care of first........anyone else that has issues with the lack of results are welcome to find a turbo and test it for us
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 308 Likes on 124 Posts
Patrick, once you get it back onto the road, can you do some transient response logging please?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Haven't been back to the shop since Fri afternoon and to my knowledge the new spring has not shown up yet (unless it did today i don't know as i'm at my reg job) so no new info.

FWIW - We have nothing to benefit from this testing besides providing some info for those interested so we don't have any reason to rush things as we have paying customer's to take care of first........anyone else that has issues with the lack of results are welcome to find a turbo and test it for us
We should ban you because you keep teasing us with numbers and no graph.

Honestly more interested in the power band then the numbers at this point, not sure your reasoning for holding back on putting them up.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSMike
Patrick, once you get it back onto the road, can you do some transient response logging please?
I can do my best but it's not my car and we are swamped with work at the shop so if/when Sean brings it out for some street tuning i will ask if i can get the logs from him!

Originally Posted by project_skyline
We should ban you because you keep teasing us with numbers and no graph.

Honestly more interested in the power band then the numbers at this point, not sure your reasoning for holding back on putting them up.

BAN away!

If it were me i'd have plenty to post up but i'm not the owner of the business nor the tuner so i'm "hand-cuffed" with what info i can get out of him.

Things get picked apart quickly on these forums so we'd prefer to make sure as many of the variables are delt with before releasing info to you guys!

Let me tell you though when it spools it cool to see the jump in both hp/tq in a small windoe or rpms
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

I do agree with that. Its just for how good this turbo looked on paper with its titanium aluminide this and integrated speed sensor that it seemed like all the hype was you could have (almost) stock frame performance and big turbo power.

Basically breaking the laws of physic's as we know them or in the very least turning what current turbo tech has been able to achieve on its ear and having your cake and eating it to.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
I can do my best but it's not my car and we are swamped with work at the shop so if/when Sean brings it out for some street tuning i will ask if i can get the logs from him!

BAN away!

If it were me i'd have plenty to post up but i'm not the owner of the business nor the tuner so i'm "hand-cuffed" with what info i can get out of him.

Things get picked apart quickly on these forums so we'd prefer to make sure as many of the variables are delt with before releasing info to you guys!

Let me tell you though when it spools it cool to see the jump in both hp/tq in a small windoe or rpms
I don't get why it matters, its not their turbo that's being tested. Otherwise I would understand.

We have one sitting down here at the shop waiting to go on a subaru but this point its not going to run anytime soon. If I had the money I put it on the evo but its too expensive.

I guess we will just keep waiting.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Weren't these turbos backordered because so many people wanted them and now only 2-3 people on here have them installed and are taking their sweet *** time tuning them. The car should have been prepped in anticipation for this turbo and installed the day of arrival. Then we will give you a sunday to work on a shop car and to work out the all the kinks and tuning. EvoM has grown impatient.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread