Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SES on - need help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SES on - need help

Hi guys, I need small help. I have the following exhaust: RNR downpipe with O2 eliminator, buschur test pipe and catback. Also I bought the O2 simulator from them and trying to connect it so my SES light won't be on all the time. BTW, this is the second O2 simulator that I'm trying to work with and it doesn't work the way I would wish. Meaning, whenever I reset the ECU after +/- 120 miles the code still comes back. I'm getting a "P0139: Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response" code. I spoke with Jarod from Buschur 2 or 3 times and still wasn't able to reach the conclusion. He was nice enough and sent me another O2 simulator and after connecting this one still the same problem. Jarod suggested that the simulator is connected the wrong way so I decided to take few pics and post them here maybe you guys can help me by looking at them. I looked at the schematics that was sent with the simulator and the wireing and the only thing that draws my attention is the black wire that needs to be spliced to connect the red one from the sim. I believe that this is either 5V or 12V supply to the Sim. (can somebody verify this for me). Now by looking at the schematics and the physical connector, the wireing does not follow the same pattern. Schematic says Black, White, Black, Blue, from the picture #3 that I'm posting (connector is the other way arround but if you follow you know what I'm talking about) the wires on the connector do not follow the same pattern, they are Black, Black, White, Blue. Since the order was not followed I fugured that I'm going to connect the Red wire to the first Black from the Blue side which which corresponds to the Yellow/Red wire from the connector comming from the car (I double checked that now). Anyway, all the connections are as following:

White/Black stripe (O2 Sim) - Blue (connector side)
White (O2 Sim) - Blue (O2 Sensor side)
Red (O2 Sim) - Black (splice) second one from the right in picture #2 (Yellow/Red car side connector)
Black (O2 Sim) - Ground
Attached Thumbnails SES on - need help-img_5542_800x600.jpg   SES on - need help-img_5543_800x600.jpg   SES on - need help-img_5545_800x600.jpg  
Old Jan 17, 2005, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, red LED is blinking after I turn the ignition key
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone... anybody... help... Jarod what do you think?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think a picture showing the wiring on the car side would be pretty helpful.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

I will shoot that picture as well, but I checked the cable and the red that connects to the black, on the car side conector is yellow/red.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I think a picture showing the wiring on the car side would be pretty helpful.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
OK Dave, finally I got some time to shoot the pics that you requested me to. One indicates all the conections that were made on the sensor side and the red wire connection to the black one with the associated wire from the car side. Maybe you can help me now.
Attached Thumbnails SES on - need help-img_5981_800x600.jpg   SES on - need help-img_5987_800x600.jpg  
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Got the wiring expert looking at this. It is still hard to tell but here is what my brother is saying.

IF the red light is lit then the black and red are correct. If not check the ground (black wire) and the red wire.

If the red light is lit and you are still having problems then you have to make sure the white wire w/the black tracer coming out of the simulator is going TO THE CONNECTOR. The other white wire without a tracer goes to the sensor.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM MYEVOVIII for a better and cheaper solution. (no splicing!)
Old Mar 1, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Got the wiring expert looking at this. It is still hard to tell but here is what my brother is saying.

IF the red light is lit then the black and red are correct. If not check the ground (black wire) and the red wire.

If the red light is lit and you are still having problems then you have to make sure the white wire w/the black tracer coming out of the simulator is going TO THE CONNECTOR. The other white wire without a tracer goes to the sensor.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
If you look at the very first picture in this post it shows the blue (from connector) connected with the white/black, and the last picture posted yesterday maybe not the best but you could see a white one connected with the blue going to the sensor. The only thing that I have not double checked is the ground cable, but looking at the simulator the light is blinking when the car is running.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
PM MYEVOVIII for a better and cheaper solution. (no splicing!)
If this incolves the sparkplug spacers or whatever the name of this thing is, I tried it, but the mounting of the sensor in the catback pipe is in such a way that the sensor berly fits there. I tried even using one drilled spacer but could not fit both things into the pipe, it was hitting the floor. I'll PM him anyway to look at this thread.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is yours

"White/Black stripe (O2 Sim) - Blue (connector side)
White (O2 Sim) - Blue (O2 Sensor side)
Red (O2 Sim) - Black (splice) second one from the right in picture #2 (Yellow/Red car side connector)
Black (O2 Sim) - Ground"

Here's how mine's hooked up.

White/black (o2) -> White *(black on white connector side) (this is probably where your problem is)
Solid white (O2) -> Blue
Red (o2) -> 2nd black
Black (O2) -> ground

I tapped mine just on the white connector side. Here's a pick, hopefully you can fallow it.
Attached Thumbnails SES on - need help-o2.jpg  

Last edited by Evil_1; Mar 1, 2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dave did your expert came to a conclusion about this issue yet ??