Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2003, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget the warranty....they will stiff you on these cars if there is a dry french fry on the carpet under the seat that did not come from the factory.......I say mod it an' be done with it....this motors have been around long enough to have all the bugs taken out....my opinion
Old Feb 14, 2003, 10:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by limey
Forget the warranty....they will stiff you on these cars if there is a dry french fry on the carpet under the seat that did not come from the factory.......I say mod it an' be done with it....this motors have been around long enough to have all the bugs taken out....my opinion
I'm with Limey on this one. Screw the warranty restrictions. Why are you buying the damn thing? Carpooling? This thread is starting to resemble a health insurance debate..... "pre-existing conditions" ....... out of "network" care....... "primary care technicians" .... duh.

DSM tuners have an excellent knowledge base to know how far to push the car without breaking it. Plus I am getting old and could EASILY have the "big one" in less than 36 months. I will have a ball with this car AND I will not get beat by an STI. This is a unique car ...... enjoy it!

My schedule of events are as follows:

1. break in period
2. dyno
3. track
4. add intake/BR 3" exhaust/Hallman MBC
5. goto 2

Speedlimit.......

Last edited by Speedlimit; Feb 14, 2003 at 10:41 PM.