Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Minimum cost to outrun a 2007 Corvette Z06?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green_Goblin
EXACTLY!!!

In comparisons like this saying, "Oh all you need to do is ..... for $30k and it'll smoke that thing!", is pointless because you’re still driving an Evo and he's still driving a C6 Z06. I agree that anything beating the Z is impressive (obviously), especially if it is much less powerful to start with. And the "Well see what happens when it snows", BS is absolutely retarded. Lets compare the Evo to a Hummer H1 - see what happens when you have to scale near 90 degree rock clusters...? ...Your Evo is 0wn3d!!!1!! It's s stupid thing to say...

With all that said, I have (know of) a NEON that will likely run any Evo on this site for PINK SLIPS. What are you afraid to lose to a NEON in your 700 AWHP EVO?!

The Neon runs low 8's - high 7's... you put enough money into anything, and it will beat anything.
Ill top that. I know of a saturn that will beat the hell out of that car. What is he afraid to lose his 8sec neon?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Originally Posted by djskyy
unless you're running deep into the 10's, you won't stand a chance against a C6-ZO6....
did you not read what I just said? Also of course running a stock evo against a stock z there is no competition but you are talking about a 70k car vs a 30k car. I hope there wouldnt be no competition for that price. But do the cost comparison dude. If I put 40k into an evo not only could I make it driveable but I could make it the biggest badest z eater there is on the planet earth. game over!
no because there's too many pages...cliff notes please? regardless, who gives a crap if it's $70K vs. $30K....that's like saying..."I got a running 1G-DSM w/ $30K in mods VS. a stock EVO....duh....
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djskyy
no because there's too many pages...cliff notes please? regardless, who gives a crap if it's $70K vs. $30K....that's like saying..."I got a running 1G-DSM w/ $30K in mods VS. a stock EVO....duh....
thats my point exactly. Now you are getting it. It is more cost effective to do it that way. I dont care if you think its fair or not. The point is COST EFFECTIVENESS not fairness.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Does anyone even remember what the original question was? I feel everything has been covered. Politely closed.

Speedlimit...