Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Modification Regrets?

Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Getting the stoptech rear pads along with my fronts. The rears grab alot sooner than the front, thus tripping the abs and giving me crappy braking Switching to a harder compound in the rear helped alot!
I have stoptech on all 4 . Mine work great. Good pads.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I regret the ex-wife mod.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mistaken
I regret the ex-wife mod.

OMG that made me laugh out loud. Hahahaha.

Mod regrets for me: Not sure if its a regret, But I think I should have done bigger injectors. Bought 1050's which are fine for pump, but ill be going E85 soon...

Also thinking I should have just bought the DBB FP Black instead of the FP Green

Dont get me wrong, the green is fun, But having so much torque on a stock block worries me (running 30psi on 93 tune) Black wouldnt be such an issue.... Looking forward to my build!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:41 PM

Going through a bunch of exterior setups that don't either fit or flow well.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ToMinLA
I have stoptech on all 4 . Mine work great. Good pads.
Makes me want to change up to Stoptech pads from the previous Axxis Ultimates that they sold awhile back.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 08:17 PM

I regret rushing to complete a custom gurney flap mod on my wing... The later results a couple months later showed a small chip in the paint near the center area of the flap/wing and epoxy resin on the underside poking out past the flap. The flap works great but if you look close u see some paint chipping and epoxy resin on the underside of the wing. Not the clean nice look I was going for.
Old May 7, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Tein lowering springs. Super regret that. Go with Swift - period.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:48 PM

I've never regretted any parts I've put on any of my old DSM's. Not bumper cutouts on the other hand. Thats a different story
Old May 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryansevox
Can I install a bov on my evo x even though its stock???
Damn ! I'm surprise no anyone had t talked alot of **** to you cuz of this. Go on the search botton and you'll find thousands of threads from first time owners asking this question. Read and get all the info about it then you decide
Old May 12, 2013, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

I wish i would have sprung for a 4.11 final drive when i had my trans rebuilt 3 years ago.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained
I wish i would have sprung for a 4.11 final drive when i had my trans rebuilt 3 years ago.
can u explain a little more please, getting mine rebuilt very soon. was going to just keep stock gearing or just the 9 1st gear. what would have the 4.11's given u? i mainly street mine and once n awhile take it to the strip. thanks!
Old May 15, 2013, 11:54 AM

4.11 final drive is for big power cars that would be trapping in 5th gear otherwise. It lets you finish the 1/4 in 4th gear removing one shift and resulting in a quicker/faster run
Old May 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

stupid a$$ ebay radiator pipe I was in a rush to get for a show, figured there was no possible way to screw up a pipe...way wrong. it didnt line up right, couplers were too big, I spent a bunch of money on t-bolt clamps and hoses to try to make it work. should have gotten the ets instead of trying to save 20 bucks
Old May 22, 2013, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this damn head unit :
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-P8400BH

has tons of bugs and issues, like the touchscreen not responding and constantly crashing the ipod/iphone that are connected to it. a lot of people who bought it are having the same issues, and some even worse. pioneer never did anything about it, no firmware update or anything, they just ignored the complaints.

i swear there are times when i would much rather punch it than keep it. i wish i had the cash to replace it already.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

My initial intention with the car was to essentially build the ultimate budget power machine. I am a student so am in no way making enough money to do it otherwise. HOWEVER, it took me about one year to complete my mods and now I am:

a.) Bored with the power.
b.) Bummed that no matter what mod i do, it will be the second time purchasing.

You can pretty much pick any mod under my sig and there is a better, higher quality one out there. My biggest "regret" is the cams simply because they were so expensive to buy and install. Now I'm looking at kelford's but really hate that I have to pay for ANOTHER install. My second biggest regret is the intercooler and piping. INJEN SUCKS!! My licp barely fits and I believe is robbing me of power. Treadstone is a great intercooler I think but I just can't seem to get it to fit correctly on our car. My third biggest regret is the turbo. I shouldn't have ever gone stock frame. In hindsight I could have popped on the PTE 5858 or even a 6262. Buy it once, call it a day.

With all of that said, at the time of install and the first few months with these mods was a BLAST. If you are the type of person who will forever be happy with 400whp, my hat is off to you. For me though, my biggest regret is not being honest with what I wanted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?