Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Modification Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ramonski
I regret putting a 3" exhaust back on. I fo waaay too much highway driving for a 3" setup. Im going back to the oem catback. Even if it affects the performance with my ef2.5. I can spare some hp for a quieter ride @ 70mph.
you can try what i did.

3 inch all the way back to the axle joint. from there, i took a 3 inch flange and mated it to my OEM muffler. not too loud and zero drone
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
resonator + big muffler

i run a 3" TBE with a resonator and hks jasma rated exhaust.. car is fairly quiet compared to every other evo, no drone but loud on WOT
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:46 AM

Worst mod ever - removing sound deadening. The 15lbs you save nets no performance increase and its a life time of buzzy, rattling misery.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 07:07 AM

The biggest regret I have so far on lightly modding my EVO would be the Panda ear like gauge pillar. It sits right behind your steering wheel, one gauge for boost, and one for AFR. Blocks my gas gauge! Too many times I nearly run my car out of gas haha.

I will speak for the guy I bought my Evo from too. Putting an Evo 9 front bumper on with sub par fitment. Thanks sport.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Not stopping at boltons and a BBK-B.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 05:03 PM

i bought my car with a lot of mods, not really my style but the car was 7 years old with 8k miles on it haha and i got a stellar deal. i kinda want to get rid of the aem ems. generally seems people are happy with stock ecu
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evosnstuff
i bought my car with a lot of mods, not really my style but the car was 7 years old with 8k miles on it haha and i got a stellar deal. i kinda want to get rid of the aem ems. generally seems people are happy with stock ecu
I was thinking about buying one some day. Why don't you like the AEM EMS?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 09:44 PM

Doesn't ECUFlash have everything that you need? Not familiar with aftermarket ECUs?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

VTA Catch Can, and vta charcoal breather tube, car reiks of gasoline all the time i cant stand it.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
anyone put something on their car and wished they would've gotten a different brand,part, or just straight out never did the modification in the end?

for me it would be my clutch, i have really bad lock-out past 6500rpms and no matter what i cant change it. i wish i would have got a Exedy Twin disc instead. sad thing is i had the money at the time too... i dont know why i went with ACT
when i get my built trans, i will not hesitate to put a twin disc in. live and learn i guess
No you dont its ruined my transmission's synchros twice first time l didnt know the Exedy twins dragged so l rebuilt the transmission and exedy twin disc only to have dragging issues again 35000+miles later. l could deal with wear and tear from the abuse l've put the clutch thru slipping but instead it drags if you want to go with a twin disc try SPEC's twin disc P trim l believe, look on there site for ratings.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

What do you mean drag? I've had no issues with my exedy twin other than exploding the waveclip from a quick 1-2 shift and having to drop the transmission. I purchased an STM clutch fork stop and it never happened again.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

I regret my RA style front lip, wish someone would trade me straight up for a stocker.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ramonski
I regret putting a 3" exhaust back on. I fo waaay too much highway driving for a 3" setup. Im going back to the oem catback. Even if it affects the performance with my ef2.5. I can spare some hp for a quieter ride @ 70mph.
Why don't you go with rre stealth exhaust ??! It's not loud looks like stock and its still a 3" and get good hp number with it. Everything you want with out the exhaust sound.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
I regret removing the Lancer Evolution Badge on the trunk. Something went wrong and the Turtle Wax sticker remover softened my paint there's huge chips missing. Luckily I have a paint shop at work and just need to match the paint to fix it up.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 05:21 PM

As there are a few on here but ill throw one more to the pile, defiantly clutch. Twin disc are expensive but are soooooo worth it. have 6 puck sprung and i really dislike it. Plus it puts more stress on the tranny then the twin disc. defiantly a part that goes with the motto "you get what you pay for".

Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?