Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So whos going to buy this Brand New Evo 9 MR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Could have had it for $50k 6 years ago. Heck of a spike

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/hu...9-mr-sale.html

Someone in Abu Dhabi will probably buy it and it will never see sunlight again.
Forgot which one but one of these recently sold for 75K

z
E
R
E
p
Old Jul 17, 2017, 03:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd prob get a GTR for the price these are going for.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 06:25 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by AF13_Evo
Same here, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not convinced this is legit just yet.
I can't find the link, but a TME 6.5, with same mileage sold for, like half of this.
😂
Old Jul 17, 2017, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
In theory, the warranties *should* start the day of the purchase. So if you bought a 2006 at the end of 2005 when they first came out, the warranty clock starts ticking in 2005, and if you bought a 2006 in early 2007, it starts ticking in 2007, even though it's the same model year.

But who knows, maybe they're banking on an overseas buyer anyway to get out of that responsibility. I assume the warranty is void once the car leaves the US.

Not sure about the X FEs (haven't really noticed them), but they've had a bunch of X SEs on their lots for years. At least ten of them for sure.
I seen this on my instagram earlier and was wondering the same thing! And yeah warranties are from date of purchase so theoretically its all covered!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To think I just sold my mint condition IX RS for $26k over a month ago, should have asked more!

Similar to cars that have a huge cult following, I expect Evos to skyrocket over the next few years as even now, rare, unmodified examples are uncommon. I expect them to go the same path as the Supra, NSX, R34, RX7's, etc., but definitely not THIS quickly.

One has to wonder what kind of effect this auction will have on the currently pricing of used Evo IX's going forward...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 08:12 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by reboundicon
To think I just sold my mint condition IX RS for $26k over a month ago, should have asked more!

Similar to cars that have a huge cult following, I expect Evos to skyrocket over the next few years as even now, rare, unmodified examples are uncommon. I expect them to go the same path as the Supra, NSX, R34, RX7's, etc., but definitely not THIS quickly.

One has to wonder what kind of effect this auction will have on the currently pricing of used Evo IX's going forward...
I have a feeling they are trying to hype the car so they can ask silly numbers for the rest they plan to sell. It's a good plan, IMO.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by reboundicon
It won't hurt the prices (at least not if you're the seller), but I don't think it's suddenly going to push values up by anything noteworthy, unless you also have an incredibly low mileage example that might be cross-shopped by people looking into something like this one on eBay.

So my single-owner bone stock Evo IX SE won't suddenly gain a few grand in market value because of this sale. At least not with the 107k miles on the clock.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I have a feeling they are trying to hype the car so they can ask silly numbers for the rest they plan to sell. It's a good plan, IMO.
Possibly, but I think there's only one or two. There's the white one with the stripes and stickers on it (which can be removed) and something between 200-300 miles on it. Still basically a virgin but not quite as pristine as this one being sold. But maybe about 97-98% as pristine, once the vinyl comes off.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow with a capital O!

Looks like a great investment. Didnt they have more at one time?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 08:16 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Actually, when they first brought these four Evo IX MRs up, they said they were selling them at sticker, though it was during that time when SCM had the EvoM/SCE member pricing that was below invoice. So of course people whined and talked the whole "why would I pay sticker for a four year-old car" talk and then they had to eat their words when SCM decided to sell it for more when an overseas buyer raised the bar. Then people whined even more.
That was frustrating. The car was heavily underpriced in the USDM; folks in other parts of the world were paying twice as much, if not more. Given this factor, perhaps it's not surprising that a foreign buyer is willing to pay ~$100K for a new IX. Seven days left....
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
we haven't even gotten to the final day run-up. certainly bodes well for those of you owning clean evos out there. obviously not worth as much as a brand new one but still
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:48 AM
kaj

I don't see this having any effect on used Evo pricing. At. All. Zero.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
ohhh I don't know. I've only seen prices for clean, stock IX MRs continue to tick up and up and up. we are approaching pretty crazy values. This may not have any direct bearing on prices but I like what I'm seeing
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:09 AM
kaj

I agree they will continue to rise, but not based on this fiasco of a sale.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I don't see this having any effect on used Evo pricing. At. All. Zero.
I'd like to think it would have a little effect, as even car guys that aren't into evos seem to know about this auction going on. Also, evo owners have all eyes on this crazy price as well, and I can almost guarantee mint clean examples posted in the classifieds will be a bit more pricey than what we've seen in the last year.

This is a great thing for those looking to sell soon, but bad for prospective evo buyers in my opinion. The steady rise over the past little while definitely allowed me to sell my evo for more than I paid for it 8 years ago, so I'm not complaining!

Quick Reply: So whos going to buy this Brand New Evo 9 MR?