Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So whos going to buy this Brand New Evo 9 MR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 07:22 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ran a quick cruise of a few other forums this morning and folks are talking about this. Unlike some of us, quite a few individuals see a value in a $100K sale. Surprising to some extent. The platform, itself, is being discussed with a good deal of respect. That's a market reaction that we should all be very happy about.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Plus Road & Track actually did an online article about it.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...lancer-evo-ix/
The following users liked this post:
FJF (Jul 19, 2017)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
It won't surprise me at all if this car is being bought by someone who works at the dealership and never actually pays for it. Some of the most recent bids are from accounts that are brand new.

Guessing this car will remain at the dealership and they're just doing it for the publicity
The following 2 users liked this post by llDemonll:
barneyb (Jul 19, 2017), zeRep85RA (Jul 19, 2017)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm surprised they still have any of these. I thought they would have sold when they posted them years ago. Also, after this amount of time, what would need to be replaced?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
if he's the GM and not a salesman, that would be a first.

​​​​
Sam is the GM. And an Evo guy too!

He said the $100 posting fee is worth the attention it has been getting. Who cares if it goes south.

z
e
R
e
p
Old Jul 19, 2017, 09:35 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by zeRep85RA
Sam is the GM
I know, I was giving Sean a hard time. I once had a job doing advertising for dealerships. The GM is the GM because he's their best salesman.

He said the $100 posting fee is worth the attention it has been getting. Who cares if it goes south.
Exactly. Like I said: genius ploy. Has it sold any cars for them? Who knows. But I can tell you $100 wouldn't get them this kind of exposure in any other advertising medium.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 09:53 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
... But I can tell you $100 wouldn't get them this kind of exposure in any other advertising medium.
True. This is a lot of exposure for Southcoast. They're being mentioned all over the 'net and the auction isn't over.

I understand they kept a few X SEs to be sold later, like the IX. Now, that should be interesting!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
I understand they kept a few X SEs to be sold later, like the IX. Now, that should be interesting!

Yeah, Sam hinted at that in one of his post.

Wonder if he has any FE too?

- zeRep
Old Jul 19, 2017, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
True. This is a lot of exposure for Southcoast. They're being mentioned all over the 'net and the auction isn't over.

Combine this with the fact that Pacquiao has been wearing their store logos since 2012
Old Jul 19, 2017, 03:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by reboundicon
To think I just sold my mint condition IX RS for $26k over a month ago, should have asked more!
What's crazy about even that, is that an IX RS brand new was like $29k.

Held its value pretty damn well
Old Jul 19, 2017, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
If you bought this and drove it, it would be soon only worth 25k, so it would have to stay in a vacuum bubble secured in your man cave to keep its value as a 100k investment, you could invite all those shows in like the pickers in to see it
Old Jul 20, 2017, 07:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
If I could afford a 9 mile brand new $100k CT9a, that's all it would do, sit. Because I would already have a fleet of cars to drive...lol
Old Jul 20, 2017, 07:36 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
If I could afford a 9 mile brand new $100k CT9a, that's all it would do, sit. Because I would already have a fleet of cars to drive...lol
Herein lies the difference in perspective and personal orientation. I bought an Evolution in 2006 over everything else, because I liked driving it. Meaning, liked it more than other cars. I want this to be clear. As such, if a similarly minded individual pays $100K for a new IX, he will drive it. $100K isn't that much in the greater scheme of things. To some, like to me, the price would cover a brand new example of the car I chose to begin with. Different way of looking at it. I'd urge everyone to try and drive a stock IX- not the modded and re-modded contraptions we often see. It's truly special.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 07:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Herein lies the difference in perspective and personal orientation. I bought an Evolution in 2006 over everything else, because I liked driving it. Meaning, liked it more than other cars. I want this to be clear. As such, if a similarly minded individual pays $100K for a new IX, he will drive it. $100K isn't that much in the greater scheme of things. To some, like to me, the price would cover a brand new example of the car I chose to begin with. Different way of looking at it. I'd urge everyone to try and drive a stock IX- not the modded and re-modded contraptions we often see. It's truly special.
I've driven a truly stock 9 MR SE. Was definitely something special, and something I would leave (mostly) stock if I could get my hands on a low mileage example.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 08:20 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
I would daily the crap out of a brand new Evo IX. Mine has progressed to the point that I hate driving it on the street. I'd love to non-op it and have a 100% stock Evo to daily/fun/weekend.

Quick Reply: So whos going to buy this Brand New Evo 9 MR?