Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have one of these units on order. Bought it to replace my very disappointing Kenwood Excelon DDX9902S. I'm hoping it arrives this week so I can get to tinkering and contributing to this thread!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Sounds like a very good seller lol

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
ok I got the tracking number finally. lol
Old Mar 15, 2017, 09:58 AM

Just received my unit today! Which is to say, its been sitting at the post office since the 10th but they failed to get the Delivery notice(dated the 10th) too me until today. Debating if I want to brave the cold and do the install today. Its cold as hell so probably not. She looks good though and the box and shipping box were both in pristine condition. I'm impressed so far.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

That is great i got mine installed again last week and it does look good.

Originally Posted by Snyuk
Just received my unit today! Which is to say, its been sitting at the post office since the 10th but they failed to get the Delivery notice(dated the 10th) too me until today. Debating if I want to brave the cold and do the install today. Its cold as hell so probably not. She looks good though and the box and shipping box were both in pristine condition. I'm impressed so far.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any sort of standby mode for this unit so that when you go get gas or something like that you don't have to wait the whole time for it to boot up?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

I'm sure I can muddle my way through it, but are there any install instructions online? Just wondering about some of these wires (key2, a couple unlabelled)...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by OhaiitzDakota
Is there any sort of standby mode for this unit so that when you go get gas or something like that you don't have to wait the whole time for it to boot up?
Yes there is, and too my understanding you can modify the standby time as well.

Cold boot is 20-25 seconds, 2nd boot is said to be about 3 seconds.

My Kenwood has to cold boot every time. Super annoying.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Just get someone that knows what is doing, however is really plug and play cables.

I'm sure I can muddle my way through it, but are there any install instructions online? Just wondering about some of these wires (key2, a couple unlabelled)...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Just get someone that knows what is doing, however is really plug and play cables.
Haha thats not really my style. I had my first unit installed 'profesionally' and every time I pull the unit out it aggravates me just how messy and hack everything is. Same dude did my interior vinyl, which I just redid(far better, if I do say so myself).

I'm a mechanic by profession, I can install a damn headunit haha. Just thought it would be nice to have some reference material before I began

Pisses me off, thinking I paid for that work. I don't mind being pissed off at something not working if I'm the reason it doesn't work haha.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Im a computer engineer and still paid for someone else to do it, if they do it wrong i complain. If i do it wrong it will be there for a few weeks until i can go back to it again lool.

Haha thats not really my style. I had my first unit installed 'profesionally' and every time I pull the unit out it aggravates me just how messy and hack everything is. Same dude did my interior vinyl, which I just redid(far better, if I do say so myself).

I'm a mechanic by profession, I can install a damn headunit haha. Just thought it would be nice to have some reference material before I began

Pisses me off, thinking I paid for that work. I don't mind being pissed off at something not working if I'm the reason it doesn't work haha.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 05:57 PM

Haha fair point. That was kind of my attitude initially as well. Bit me in the *** when I started having problems while I was halfway across the country. And now that I live across the country the place that did the install isn't around for me to ***** at haha.

Actually the issues I have now aren't even install related. They're strictly due to Kenwood's support of CarPlay and slowness to update their firmware.

If this Droid unit doesnt work out I'm putting the factory unit back in or finding a factory touch screen and being done with it. Can't keep wasting money on poor product.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there is a YouTube video. Only thing u have to do for wires is to extend black ground wire and install on bolt behind radio. It's on the install video
Old Mar 16, 2017, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by silver05evo8
Yes there is a YouTube video. Only thing u have to do for wires is to extend black ground wire and install on bolt behind radio. It's on the install video
I looked through those last night. Should be a doddle. I have a reverse camera so it might take me an extra 5 minutes but I have the 'shortcut' of the previous install to go off of.

Should be able to get it put in today unless pesky job interviews get in the way. Still, can't complain... I kinda need one of those haha.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
SO I have a question.
I do have TQ on my android phone, with a race Racing Meter extension with it. Paid version.
Can I transfer the RacingMeter apps and the Mistubishi MUT V2 to this head unit?

this app I am talking about:

can I also transfer my paid navs on them? Other words my paid apps can be transferred to this unit?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Other words my paid apps can be transferred to this unit?
If you paid for the apps through the play store and sign into the headunit (or any android device for that matter) with the same account, yes, you can get the paid version of yours apps.
The following users liked this post:
Robevo RS (Mar 16, 2017)

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo