Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
This video shows you the typical startup to playing music

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVrazz5OLI
Old Feb 14, 2017, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silver05evo8
Did u extend negative wire and install on bolt behind stereo?
no, I will try that later on today. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:44 PM

I'm checking now and I don't have that ground wire on the harness. The decoder I got is for a 2014 Outlander.. advise?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:57 PM

has anyone else run out of space to install apps??

I didnt realise but the internal storage is broken down into 2 parts.

"Internal Storage" which is where apps are installed by default is only 2GB

then there is "NAND Flash" which is 11.5 GB.

I was able to move only a couple of my apps to the NAND flash, but the majority can't be moved.

anyone solved this problem?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
get a bigger SD card, I have a 32 GB then all my music and videos are on 2 32 GB USB Drives

Originally Posted by damo
has anyone else run out of space to install apps??

I didnt realise but the internal storage is broken down into 2 parts.

"Internal Storage" which is where apps are installed by default is only 2GB

then there is "NAND Flash" which is 11.5 GB.

I was able to move only a couple of my apps to the NAND flash, but the majority can't be moved.

anyone solved this problem?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

it works as power to the cellphone or any USB device, don't work as storage or IPOD like before, you have 3 other cables for USB Storage/IPOD, etc.
Originally Posted by formerrex
Does anyone know if it works with the USB port located in the glove box?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

I fixed most of my sound problems by installing Viper4Android and using other apps to listen to music etc. My unit boot in 31s or so until is connected and fully functional, trying to get it on less time but still figuring out a few things.

Originally Posted by itscam_bam
Im interested in purchasing a new radio for my 2011 Evo X with RF I have the non touchscreen oem radio and I want to get a touchscreen.

So my question is should I get an OEM Touchscreen Radio with Nav from someone for 350 ?
Or
Should I get this Android unit because the android unit looks so much better and has much more features. But ive seen people having problems with sound cutting out or just crashing can someone with the head unit weigh in on that .
Also ive read you have to use the bluetooth for music you have to use a personal hotspot from your phone is this true? Ok last question how long does bluetooth take to connect from startup ?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 07:31 AM

I checked my unit thoroughly. I found that everything is crystal clear but the Bluetooth streaming. I'm just not sure if its a software or hardware problem. When I modified the fade setting to the rear speakers there was no sound, if I put it to the middle or the front there is sound. Now my guess is that its outputting too much power to the tweeters making it sound like its cutting off, or making a sound as if someone is balling up a sheet of paper in the background. IMO I feel like I just downgraded from having DTS, Surround sound etc =(. its a great unit with a ton of pontential, but I might send it back. It might be a nice upgrade for those of you without RF. Can anyone with a RF give us feedback?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
I fixed most of my sound problems by installing Viper4Android and using other apps to listen to music etc. My unit boot in 31s or so until is connected and fully functional, trying to get it on less time but still figuring out a few things.

Is it required to root the headunit?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
get a bigger SD card, I have a 32 GB then all my music and videos are on 2 32 GB USB Drives
I don't even have any music or videos on the unit. I have just used up the 2gb limit for apps..
Old Feb 18, 2017, 06:05 AM

I checked my unit thoroughly. I found that everything is crystal clear but the Bluetooth streaming. I'm just not sure if its a software or hardware problem. When I modified the fade setting to the rear speakers there was no sound, if I put it to the middle or the front there is sound. Now my guess is that its outputting too much power to the tweeters making it sound like its cutting off, or making a sound as if someone is balling up a sheet of paper in the background. IMO I feel like I just downgraded from having DTS, Surround sound etc =(. its a great unit with a ton of pontential, but I might send it back. It might be a nice upgrade for those of you without RF. Can anyone with a RF give us feedback?
It has to be an issue with the unit. I installed mine and haven't installed any other apps on it and the sound quality is a lot better then the stock unit. I have a 2010 with rf unit. Send it back and get another one. It has a 1 year warranty
Old Feb 18, 2017, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by itscam_bam
Im interested in purchasing a new radio for my 2011 Evo X with RF I have the non touchscreen oem radio and I want to get a touchscreen.

So my question is should I get an OEM Touchscreen Radio with Nav from someone for 350 ?
Or
Should I get this Android unit because the android unit looks so much better and has much more features. But ive seen people having problems with sound cutting out or just crashing can someone with the head unit weigh in on that .
Also ive read you have to use the bluetooth for music you have to use a personal hotspot from your phone is this true? Ok last question how long does bluetooth take to connect from startup ?
Buy this over the stock nav unit. Bigger screen then the nav and the nav on this unit is really good. Used it a couple times and works with no issues. I haven't installed any new apps to this and the sound quality is loads better then stock rf unit. Seems like it's the stock headunit issue with cutting bass out after like 10 seconds. Now the bass is constant the whole time and hits a lot harder. No personal hotspot just connect your phone and it's ready. Bluetooth takes almost no time at all to connect when it boots up and does it automatically every time
Old Feb 18, 2017, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yea root is required for Viper4android
Is it required to root the headunit?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone installed a front camera yet on this? I got the front camera and got my installer to put it on today, however i think is may have plug it against the wrong input.

I can see it on IVIn, but not oniON Road. Will take a look and see if there is another input
Old Feb 22, 2017, 05:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have similar issues with the bluetooth streaming. Bluetooth can get kind of choppy sometimes, but I have noticed that it is even more prominent if you have dual bluetooth connections running.

I resolved this by just putting all my music on a 64Gb usb stick. I dont use bluetooth unless conducting phone calls. That being said, I tried using poweramp and it just feels slow.

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo