Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it must also to connect and play music from ipone or ipod hrough bluetooth, or not?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:13 PM

has anyone tried using Harry's lap timer with this unit?
I'm interested to know how this works in video mode of harry's lap timer considering it doesn't have a built in camera.
I normally overlay the data from harry's lap timer over a gopro video, but it needs to be in video mode for this to work.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancer1993
Has anyone tried using any iPod/iPad or iPhone with this HU?

Yes I mean plugging in via USB and not wireless!

I was able to activate the iPod app in the settings where you use password 126 but it quits right away once launched. I have noticed some of these HUs come with a 30pin iPod connection but mine didn't. I figure it plugs into one of the unused connections in the back of my HU.
New here. I am looking for the same cable but haven't had any luck finding one.

I'm also having the issue that my hu will attempt to boot for several minutes (showing the Mitsubishi diamonds boot screen), crash, and then successfully reboot. Whole process takes around 2-5 minutes from starting the car to being able to use the hu. Happens probably 1 out of every 5 times I start the car, very annoying. Anyone else have this issue and know of a solution?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by arsing116
I read through this thread & I'm looking to confirm for my 2014 Evo RF equipped vehicle if I need to purchase a separate Mito-03 unit? The seller has RF can bus cable but it doesn't list that it works for 2014+ vehicles.

Can anyone with a 2014+ Lancer & RF confirm functionality with the seller supplied CAN cable?

It looks like steering wheel controls will be included with the harness that comes with the headunit.
Did this ever get resolved? I just installed in 2015 Evo MR with RF. Seller even provided updated can bus decoder. Everything seems to work but I too have no sound at all.

Connected two white plugs from vehicle to the provided harness. Black plug into back of head unit, smaller white plug into can bus. GPS, mic, and FM and plugged into head unit. All other provided connectors plugged into head unit, but nothing plugged into them. Am I missing something? The harness connected to the main HU port and can bus does have two RCAs marked Aux Out L and Aux Out R. Are they supposed to plug in to something? I tried all combos of that as well, but nothing worked. Tried the older can bus they sent also... No joy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Hans
Old Oct 13, 2016, 07:59 AM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Physfreak
Did this ever get resolved? I just installed in 2015 Evo MR with RF. Seller even provided updated can bus decoder. Everything seems to work but I too have no sound at all.

Connected two white plugs from vehicle to the provided harness. Black plug into back of head unit, smaller white plug into can bus. GPS, mic, and FM and plugged into head unit. All other provided connectors plugged into head unit, but nothing plugged into them. Am I missing something? The harness connected to the main HU port and can bus does have two RCAs marked Aux Out L and Aux Out R. Are they supposed to plug in to something? I tried all combos of that as well, but nothing worked. Tried the older can bus they sent also... No joy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Hans

Yes , the rca is supposed to be plug in the can bus . The can bus doesnt use the radio harness for an audio out . It uses the rca out of the android head unit to the can bus . The OEM Factory RF is super picky , its looking for a specific audio signal . Hopefully , this helps you out ...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 08:30 AM

This looks really nice, I'm going to check this out myself.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 05:41 AM

can anyone give instructions or a wiring diagram for the reverse camera please?

Or just confirm if my thinking is correct..

The 3 red wires at the camera end - one is power from the new light - connect this to power for existing license plate light.
The other 2 red wires - one is power for the camera, one is the trigger wire, do these both go to the same point (power for the existing reverse light)?

and similarly for the 2 black wires?

Then at the headunit end, the RCA connector goes to AUX-Vin, and the trigger wire goes to the orange cable from the main power harness?

Last edited by damo; Oct 26, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Has anyone able to make the voice button from the steeing wheel work with any app? Will be great if we can talk to the unit. Here is mine.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

I installed Viper4Android and the audio seems better, I still cant get it higher than 21 in the volume as this will make the audio stop.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 02:35 PM

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if there are wires for the backup camera on a non-navi evo x? I just have the standard radio with the 6 disc changer and I just bought the Android head unit off Amazon just now and I don't see a write up about using existing wires since most of the videos I see on youtube only shows the evos that already has the stock Navi unit installed.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2016, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

I asked this to my seller and here was his answer back then, i gave it to my installer since i did not install it. I had a non nav.

Originally Posted by terrorz75
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if there are wires for the backup camera on a non-navi evo x? I just have the standard radio with the 6 disc changer and I just bought the Android head unit off Amazon just now and I don't see a write up about using existing wires since most of the videos I see on youtube only shows the evos that already has the stock Navi unit installed.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2016, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NinjaX
I asked this to my seller and here was his answer back then, i gave it to my installer since i did not install it. I had a non nav.

Old Dec 4, 2016, 03:37 AM

There is no existing cable if your car doesn't already have the reverse camera. You will need to run the RCA cable through the inside of the car. Let me know if you need more info, I installed it on my non-navi '08 evo X too.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 06:55 AM

Thanks NinjaX, that diagram will help a lot when I try to install it myself. I don't know any audio installation place around my area who I trust.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 06:56 AM

Damo, can you provide me with the info? Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo