Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 08:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX
Good to hear, in torque it should show the id.
Yeah. Torque showed the id. It didnt show the "name" but it showed the mac address.

Originally Posted by Steve?
There are some Bluetooth OBD2 adapters that just don't work with Torque. After the update my cheap $10 one is working (Foseal). It might just be hit or miss with which one you have.

I Just did the update as well - and now it's finally connected, not just paired, with the OBD2. For some reason, the Torque app still shows "Bluetooth not enabled" in the adapter settings, but it is connected and reading from the ECU. I guess the update is all I needed.
I purchased the obdlink lx module specifically because of the Torque app wiki stating that it is one of the best ones you can get due to its high PID read rate. Particularly because I wanted the information being displayed within torque to be as accurate as possible.

That being said, without making any changes, on my drive home, Torque and the bluetooth decided to start working. It was great! When I got home, I tore everything apart, disconnected the sirius radio and the stock bluetooth module and everything still works.

That being said, I attempted to install the mito-03 but it doesnt seem to wanna work. Got everything powered on but still no audio. So instead, now im reaching out to SYGAV to see if they sell the RF harness separately. If any of you know where I can pick one up, let me know.

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2017, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Ingot my harness from them, harness and canbus. In my case i had to use the outlander one. In the setting did you try to configure a canbus option for the mito?

glad that everything else is working now.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Is the air vent piece required for aftermarket 2-din units? Can't you just slide a new unit in with a front plate just like with old radios?

I'm looking at a Sony XAV601BT, Crutchfield is showing that I'd need/want the air vent bracket too.

Is the stock radio somehow attached to it?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone thought about getting one of the free hotspot with 500mb data?
I figured, leave the hotspot in the car and only use it for gps or light data streaming etc.

just saw this one today and seemed like a good idea to have.
unless you're a baller and have superfluous amount of data available.

http://www.freedompop.com/offer/fuse...urce=affiliate
Old Jan 4, 2017, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

I think it should be fine as long as you read the small letter where it say the service cost &29.99 you maybe able to get something like this with your current carrier for less than $29.99

Originally Posted by Eunsangie
anyone thought about getting one of the free hotspot with 500mb data?
I figured, leave the hotspot in the car and only use it for gps or light data streaming etc.

just saw this one today and seemed like a good idea to have.
unless you're a baller and have superfluous amount of data available.

http://www.freedompop.com/offer/fuse...urce=affiliate
Old Jan 4, 2017, 08:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've searched the web and nothing... figured since people on this thread are using Torque Pro with the head unit here is as good as any to ask:

Is anyone running Torque Pro with E85/Flex Fuel and getting an accurate readout with the Torque Pro ethanol content gauge? Going flex in two weeks and would buy this head unit in a heart beat if the E-conent gauge works properly within the Torque Pro app. I know that i can use the blue flex app with the head unit but im hoping the one within torque pro will work so I wouldnt have to choose between the blue flex app and torque pro.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think you will get an accurate read out from Torque, and I don't have E85 but maybe another app will. There is a section on Torque to configure the fuel, maybe just entering the correct value will help.

Originally Posted by JJwins
I've searched the web and nothing... figured since people on this thread are using Torque Pro with the head unit here is as good as any to ask:

Is anyone running Torque Pro with E85/Flex Fuel and getting an accurate readout with the Torque Pro ethanol content gauge? Going flex in two weeks and would buy this head unit in a heart beat if the E-conent gauge works properly within the Torque Pro app. I know that i can use the blue flex app with the head unit but im hoping the one within torque pro will work so I wouldnt have to choose between the blue flex app and torque pro.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Can you guys tell me if/why I need the vent shroud piece?

I have a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX coming, so if I have to buy the shroud, I'd want to order it now.

Why can't I just slide the Pioneer in in place of the OEM unit? The 2 DIN space should be standard, no?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

I think you asked on the wrong thread, but from what i have seen you dont need anything else. In my case my unit came with everything so i just swapped it.

Originally Posted by fafaforza
Can you guys tell me if/why I need the vent shroud piece?

I have a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX coming, so if I have to buy the shroud, I'd want to order it now.

Why can't I just slide the Pioneer in in place of the OEM unit? The 2 DIN space should be standard, no?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 07:32 AM

I don't think you will get an accurate read out from Torque, and I don't have E85 but maybe another app will. There is a section on Torque to configure the fuel, maybe just entering the correct value will help.
What ninja said but also, instead of buying the head unit, you should just consider getting the app on your phone with a Bluetooth ob2 and see if it works. The app is only 5 bucks and an adapter can be had for anywhere from 10$ to 200$ depending on what you buy.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

I think you asked on the wrong thread, but from what i have seen you dont need anything else. In my case my unit came with everything so i just swapped it.
Probably, but figured you guys looked into the aftermarket options and would have some details. i'll find out when the hu comes in next week hehe
Old Jan 9, 2017, 02:07 PM

Finally received the new can bus from Sygav and audio works. No subwoofer tho?? Also, hand controls dont work? Everything seems off.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 05:17 PM

So apparently you can go into factory settings and change the can bus. That being said now my hand controls work but sub still does not. Waiting on Sygav to respond.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Make sure you have the latest update, i posted up here for MTCD_HA then go factory settings 126 select canbus then outlander then with sub and it will work.

Originally Posted by itdiestoday
So apparently you can go into factory settings and change the can bus. That being said now my hand controls work but sub still does not. Waiting on Sygav to respond.
The following users liked this post:
itdiestoday (Jan 9, 2017)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:46 PM

Make sure you have the latest update, i posted up here for MTCD_HA then go factory settings 126 select canbus then outlander then with sub and it will work.
I did this earlier and still no sub. Not sure what the issue is. Did you have to adjust amplifier in factory settings?

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo